๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿš€ NEW VIDEO: The Model is LIVE! ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿš€ ๐Ÿš€

So what I learnt from this video:

• Itโ€™s awesome
  • Sir @Coach.Neal.H is an evil genius / ba****d (delete as appropriate)
  • Sir @Francois-Wahoo is a brilliant creative
  • At itโ€™s best SUF/SYSTM make the other training platforms look like garbage

Actually I already knew the last three points.

Thank you to everyone that helped create this workout - itโ€™s definitely up there with the best.

11 Likes

The music and sound deserve an Oscar, that was awesome! Impressive how it gets you through it.

I love the commentary in the background, and the fact that itโ€™s in English, Dutch/Flemish and French

6 Likes

Wow! I just completed The Model at 100% as Stage 4 of the Tour of Sufferlandriaโ€ฆ

Awesome workout - brutally difficult, but just doable without exploding. Great story line, video montage and music.

Congratulations to the whole SYSTM team!

Rob

6 Likes

Today second time rode this workout. As announced: Love and hate it.

It will become one of my absolute favourites for sure. โ€œโ€ฆ banging soundtrack and thrilling footage โ€ฆโ€ does not nearly descript how brilliant it is. The combination of all elements makes is impossible to quit, you must finish it. :wink:

Can only double this.

CONGRATULATIONS!

6 Likes

Great workout! Very energizing, top music and great footage. Only small remark is that kickr climb integration is only there during the first interval?
Will be become for sure a regular one for me!
Thanks a lot to all the people at SYSTM!

4 Likes

I did the Model today at 100%.

This is one of the few workouts where the music and the video actually motivated me.

Elements of Style really helped here โ€“ keeping my weight off my legs and generating power from my core.

Despite the grueling effort, my legs were not that fatigued afterwards. I am using power numbers updated from a HM a week or so ago. I was relatively โ€œfreshโ€ for every set, and always answered โ€œyesโ€ to myself when asked if I was ready for more.

An excellent workout, and a nice surprise since I did not do it, or look at it (except the description) before doing it.

7 Likes

I loved this. Coco chamois my favourite without a doubt.
I few of the erg power Changes were really late for me (suito user here) and dang near killed me.
Get me through it kept everything but FTP at 100% (ftp at eighty). I barely got through this. Max heart rate few times.
Look forward to doing this outside the tour and on a calmer day. In the past five minutes got news of someones passing so, at least There was a better reason to break down sobbing in the cooldown than The Model totally breaking me๐Ÿ˜œ
Map weakness and I made it all the way without pausing, woohoo!

13 Likes

I think I was glad to be in the Get Me Through It as well but it is a great session that targets weak areas for me. The progressive Over / Under was a new concept for me and was feeling it at the end.

6 Likes

Didnโ€™t ride the ToS, but was really looking forward to riding The Model, and I finally got round to it today.

Loved the look of the workout as I have a thing for short intense intervals - and this sure did not disappoint! Loved the workout, the footage, the story, the music, just everything about it. This is what I subscribe to Systm/Sufferfest for, simply this workout style. On location, prorides, no-vids, etc, all lovely garnish, but this is what itโ€™s about for me.

I appreciate the work that goes into this is probably an awful lot more than the other styles of vid, but this is what Iโ€™m here for. More please!!! Even if the turnaround is slow, a couple of these types of workout a year will keep me coming back for more again and again!

Thanks to all those involved, top marks from me!

7 Likes

My sentiments exactly!

3 Likes

Isa, just seeing this now. So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and other loved ones.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Seems quite a few here had a rough week of it, I canโ€™t really complain.

4 Likes

The Model really is an excellent workout combined with stellar production value. Top notch!!

3 Likes

I just did it for the first time - a great workout, a really good production and a great addition to the library.

Thanks!

3 Likes

First time with the model for me today.

Iโ€™m off a few weeks of limited training (and Iโ€™m pretty sure my FTP/MAP were overestimated by HM anyway. Excuses, excuses), but those intervals utterly crushed me. I made it through, with some short breaks and an early reduction to 95%.

Iโ€™m surprised the workout only lasts 20mins thoughโ€ฆ

2 Likes

Itโ€™s 59 minutes isnโ€™t it?

1 Like

Not for me it wasnโ€™t :slight_smile:

As I say, crushed. Utterly.

1 Like

Did The Model yesterday and now I know again why I love an occasional old school 'Fest video. Felt crushed after set 2, felt that I was going to make it after set 3, and completely exploded during set 4. Legs relatively fresh but with repeated as weakness that did not come as a complete surprise - waited out a few sprints on level mode, did another one only to combust once more when I tried the 2nd. Nice video, soundtrack plus lots of suffering = Good fun!

4 Likes

I get to do The Hunted and The Wretched this month. Iโ€™m โ€œlooking forward to itโ€.

:wink:

1 Like

Old School!

2 Likes