🚀 🚀 🚀 NEW VIDEO: The Model is LIVE! 🚀 🚀 🚀

So what I learnt from this video:

• It’s awesome
  • Sir @Coach.Neal.H is an evil genius / ba****d (delete as appropriate)
  • Sir @Francois-Wahoo is a brilliant creative
  • At it’s best SUF/SYSTM make the other training platforms look like garbage

Actually I already knew the last three points.

Thank you to everyone that helped create this workout - it’s definitely up there with the best.

12 Likes

The music and sound deserve an Oscar, that was awesome! Impressive how it gets you through it.

I love the commentary in the background, and the fact that it’s in English, Dutch/Flemish and French

6 Likes

Wow! I just completed The Model at 100% as Stage 4 of the Tour of Sufferlandria…

Awesome workout - brutally difficult, but just doable without exploding. Great story line, video montage and music.

Congratulations to the whole SYSTM team!

Rob

6 Likes

Today second time rode this workout. As announced: Love and hate it.

It will become one of my absolute favourites for sure. “… banging soundtrack and thrilling footage …” does not nearly descript how brilliant it is. The combination of all elements makes is impossible to quit, you must finish it. :wink:

Can only double this.

CONGRATULATIONS!

6 Likes

Great workout! Very energizing, top music and great footage. Only small remark is that kickr climb integration is only there during the first interval?
Will be become for sure a regular one for me!
Thanks a lot to all the people at SYSTM!

4 Likes

I did the Model today at 100%.

This is one of the few workouts where the music and the video actually motivated me.

Elements of Style really helped here – keeping my weight off my legs and generating power from my core.

Despite the grueling effort, my legs were not that fatigued afterwards. I am using power numbers updated from a HM a week or so ago. I was relatively “fresh” for every set, and always answered “yes” to myself when asked if I was ready for more.

An excellent workout, and a nice surprise since I did not do it, or look at it (except the description) before doing it.

7 Likes

I loved this. Coco chamois my favourite without a doubt.
I few of the erg power Changes were really late for me (suito user here) and dang near killed me.
Get me through it kept everything but FTP at 100% (ftp at eighty). I barely got through this. Max heart rate few times.
Look forward to doing this outside the tour and on a calmer day. In the past five minutes got news of someones passing so, at least There was a better reason to break down sobbing in the cooldown than The Model totally breaking me😜
Map weakness and I made it all the way without pausing, woohoo!

13 Likes

I think I was glad to be in the Get Me Through It as well but it is a great session that targets weak areas for me. The progressive Over / Under was a new concept for me and was feeling it at the end.

6 Likes

Didn’t ride the ToS, but was really looking forward to riding The Model, and I finally got round to it today.

Loved the look of the workout as I have a thing for short intense intervals - and this sure did not disappoint! Loved the workout, the footage, the story, the music, just everything about it. This is what I subscribe to Systm/Sufferfest for, simply this workout style. On location, prorides, no-vids, etc, all lovely garnish, but this is what it’s about for me.

I appreciate the work that goes into this is probably an awful lot more than the other styles of vid, but this is what I’m here for. More please!!! Even if the turnaround is slow, a couple of these types of workout a year will keep me coming back for more again and again!

Thanks to all those involved, top marks from me!

7 Likes

My sentiments exactly!

3 Likes

Isa, just seeing this now. So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to you and other loved ones.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. Seems quite a few here had a rough week of it, I can’t really complain.

4 Likes

The Model really is an excellent workout combined with stellar production value. Top notch!!

3 Likes

I just did it for the first time - a great workout, a really good production and a great addition to the library.

Thanks!

3 Likes

First time with the model for me today.

I’m off a few weeks of limited training (and I’m pretty sure my FTP/MAP were overestimated by HM anyway. Excuses, excuses), but those intervals utterly crushed me. I made it through, with some short breaks and an early reduction to 95%.

I’m surprised the workout only lasts 20mins though…

2 Likes

It’s 59 minutes isn’t it?

1 Like

Not for me it wasn’t :slight_smile:

As I say, crushed. Utterly.

1 Like

Did The Model yesterday and now I know again why I love an occasional old school 'Fest video. Felt crushed after set 2, felt that I was going to make it after set 3, and completely exploded during set 4. Legs relatively fresh but with repeated as weakness that did not come as a complete surprise - waited out a few sprints on level mode, did another one only to combust once more when I tried the 2nd. Nice video, soundtrack plus lots of suffering = Good fun!

4 Likes

I get to do The Hunted and The Wretched this month. I’m “looking forward to it”.

:wink:

1 Like

Old School!

2 Likes