Nov 13 - Bucket List attempt

A few years ago, I created a bucket list. I highly recommend it. My goal is to check off one item per year, at least. On my list, is to repeat something I last did when I was in high school 33 years ago: ride 100 miles in a day. A big leap for someone who had ridden only 1 year out of the last 33 … and that was about 10 years ago.

So, nearly two years ago I joined Sufferfest and got back into cycling. I’ve progressed to the point where I have ridden 100km, twice. I think I am ready for 100 miles … which should be enough … if it weren’t for that remaining cycling badge. Prior to the SYSTM change, I had achieved all the Sufferfest cycling, yoga, and MTP badges except for KoS. Somehow, I feel life won’t be complete without Knighthood. If I have suffered for 6 hours or so to go 100 miles, why not suffer a few more to reach the castle?

My plan for Nov 13:
The Rookie
Angels
Revolver
Power Station
A Very Dark Place
Best Thing in the World
Thin Air
Attacker
The Wretched
G.O.A.T.

I feel my bike and legs are ready. Videos are downloaded. Nutrition and hydration reasonably planned. I just need my back and bottom to cooperate for the duration. Let the suffering begin!

17 Likes

Congratulations! Once the decision is made the rest happens.

If not done already I highly recommend going through the various KoS threads on this forum as there is a wealth of knowledge on here. From ironing boards to butt cream to sweet and savoury you’ll find it all. And need much of it.

Crush it!

2 Likes

Enjoy your suffering.

I have to add, the 9 hours inside are a lot harder then outside. I do a 100miles every week, have no problem riding 300km outside (solo) but the KoS ride almost killed me.

Just remember to scale down the effort on time (I didn’t until I got cramps half way through)

All that said: You’ll crush-it, for sure :+1:
Good luck tomorrow

2 Likes

Hey, I applaud this! I’m doing something similar and repeating a ride I tried 18 years ago and didn’t finish - Breathless Agony (100 miles, 12k ft).

It’s in June and I’m doing the hard work of training for it!

5 Likes

This is kind of how I ended up doing my KOS attempt last year.

I tried for a 100km ride. Then decided to keep up my training to do a 100 mile ride the next month.

Once I got that far I was in good enough shape to go the whole hog and go for my KOS.

It’s not exactly the same, but close enough.

You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Let the suffering begin. First up The Rookie.

5 Likes

Bananas!

1 Like

Go get it!

3 down. 7 to go. So glad to have Revolver in my rear view mirror.

3 Likes

1/2 way. Onto The Best Thing in the World

5 Likes

Going to need more towels! Keep cranking!

It’s not the best thing though. lol.

Definitely feeling it. Even the warmup on #7 hurts. I am beginning to hate the color orange. At 89 miles so far.

6 Likes

#7 is halfway!! It’s all downhill from here except for all the uphill bits. Keep it up!!

4 Likes

You got this - keep up the momentum!

This is where it bites. You’ve got this!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. On number eight now. Just thinking of keeping the legs spinning.

3 Likes

Awesome…in the bag now. How many bananas left?

That’s all you gotta do now. Do. Not. Stop. Pedalling.

1 Like