Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

Don’t stress!
ToS is about fun and fundraising .

1)It helps to know everyone else is suffering along with you.
2) you can always dial it back (gasp!)
3 ) keep up with Facebook (if you use it) and forum banter
4) try to make some of the livestream events
5) yes you’ll be tired but follow Sir Neal’s recovery guidelines and it will be fine
6)/You get a badge!:grin:

5 Likes

Thanks Steve.
I’ll picture 1) in my head;
Try not to do 2)
I don’t use FB
Hope that some livestream events match my UK calendar
Definitely look at Sir Neal’s guidelines (I enjoy his podcasts and am envious of his wine collection)
ITS ALL ABOUT THE BADGE :rofl:

1 Like

Race village is open and laser goats are ready to go!

Riders dining is open!

7 Likes

It’s getting close! Do us proud Kiwis (and Kiribati, Fijians, Tongans, Samoans, etc.)! @David.McQuillen.KoS I think there should be a bonus prize for the first person done with each stage.

Ooh, and maybe a Lanterne Rouge award for the last person done before the stage closes?

:wink:

4 Likes

On the very first Tour of Sufferlandria, I made it a point to ride immediately upon the Stage opening, so I could say forevermore that I once led the Tour of Sufferlandria. That and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee, but you’d still be hard up to afford the doughnut!

8 Likes

that’s awesome! love it! did you make up a leaders jersey? maybe w a little stuffed animal podium laser goat?

2 Likes

Haha. There were no laser goats in the before times.

2 Likes

Now the village is open … so is the ummm dining hall …

3 Likes

Packing up to head that way now…

6aba30c33a0c38ac3191e7b539a7c9de

5 Likes

Where’s Fluffy?

Practicing her sweep style. Sir @Glen.Coutts is giving her plenty of practice although that double-wide couch is difficult and the barco-loungers are time consuming to eat.

2 Likes

#tchntf

Getting excited and anxious for my first ToS and trying to grasp the differences between the various options (Nuclear, Focussed and Get Me Through It). I’m in the middle of a Mountainous GF training plan and don’t want to overcook it. At the same time, I don’t mind a good suffer.

The Nuclear option has a TSS of just over 700 (715 in my case), but what about the other two? Has anyone done the calculations?

3 Likes

The Focused option is what the SUF Scientists recommend if you’re in a plan and don’t want to derail those goals. It won’t be easy by any stretch.

You could also do what I’ve done and implement all 3 and decide on the day which option you choose to do picking it off the calendar. You’ll want to download all the vids in advance anyway and picking from the calendar will apply the reductions (where there are any).

4 Likes

I did my first last year.

There is nothing to worry about since you can lower (or raise) the intensity level as you go.
Have fun, and enjoy the Race Village here on the forum.

3 Likes

Also, do not forget to download the workouts in advance.

2 Likes

There is also this proven plan.

Get Me Through = look at the bucket … Focused = move the bucket close enough to grab … Nuclear = live, eat, sleep and ride with the bucket … oh and here is the bucket. See you at the grand depart. ! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi All, Wanted to check in, perhaps I am missing something. Is there a way to add the TOS to your Training Calendar, so you can see what rides are next and have them ready to go. Maybe my app is busted?

Out of curiosity, are the adjustments per rider type, or just a general “this should do for everyone” dealio?

Plans > Cycling > Tour of Sufferlandria > ToS Route > …

1 Like