Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

Yup, @DameLisa and crew get a headstart on the rest of us. We just have to suffer more to catch them on the road.

Still wondering if there are any I-Kiribati in Sufferlandria? Or Samoans/Fijians/Tongans, etc.? I’d be up @ dawn, man…leader’s jersey up for grabs!

Yep but I’m also not riding at 11pm tonight. It’ll ride at 5am. Whereas you lot can all start Saturday morning or Saturday afternoon tour time depending on where you are, so can technically get a head start on me while I am slumbering away. :rofl:

2 Likes

Opportunity missed, then…

:wink:

1 Like

Hahahaha, maybe.

Opens 2am Saturday Pacific. PT is UTC -8. Everything starts at midnight Sunday morning at UTC + 14. That’s 22 hours earlier in California—so 2am PT.

1 Like

Yep I do … we will pea on your leg like a fire hydrant and just walk away … :rofl:

HERE WE GOOOOOOO!

ResponsibleTimelyAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted

6 Likes

I can’t fit a penny farthing on my trainer. That would be cool, though. Or on rollers!

4 Likes

How about a penny farthing race:

5 Likes

Yes I did. It was incredible to watch.

1 Like

Just watched it. That was bizarre and awesome. I wonder why they used such a sh*tty saddle.

3 Likes

reverse rollers?

1 Like

I have clearance to go for this ToS although at a reduced intensity. Saw my orthopedist on my strained quad I injured last Sunday.

He had me do my first ride on Thursday, which was Tapers, at 70%, just to see how the quad feels. It went fine and I felt I could have a bit more.

Based on that, I did Primers yesterday at 90%. That was the max he would let me go if Tapers went well. It was fine except I had to consciously think about not favoring that leg.

Given that was ok, I have a good-to-go but Stage 1 he wants me to start no higher than 70%. If after the first 30 minutes it is gong well I can gradually raise but no higher than 80%.

Then I have to check back in with him going forward. One of the advantages of having an orthopedist who was on the cycling team in college and is routinely an event doctor at local triathlons. He even rode with me on a few rides as I was recovering from my hip replacement.

He knows exactly what I am doing including ride duration, TSS & IF. He even asked for my dual power meter numbers! I asked him how many of his patients actually have dual power meters. He said two!

6 Likes

This is awesome. Thanks!

1 Like

Woo-hoo - great news!! Just be smart about how quickly you start cranking things back up. Happy suffering!!!

2 Likes

Finished Stage 1. At 70% it just looked too easy so I just went right to 80% which was the max the doctor approved. It was fine, no issues with the tender quad. Now just waiting for what’s next. I sent him the Stage 2 ride profile with the suggestion that I try it at 100%.

7 Likes

Thank you for this tidbit. I was completely confused. No surprise.