Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

There will be a countdown timer on the official website for all time zones, so you can adjust your stages

6 Likes

Looking at the preview for the different levels, the TSS is the same for Nuclear/Focussed/Get me through it.
This cannot be what is happening in the tour.
I want to know what is actually to be done so I can decide Between Focussed and Get me through it.

2 Likes

Last year, I just adjusted the effort as I went. I did some rides at 100%, others at less depending on how I felt.

Viscous looking Tour this year! Thanks GvA xx

Going for my 6th ToS. It is awful, but I love it. (Gerry, get the buckets ready)

Hoping to see you all on the start line!!

:grinning::+1::grinning::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

It looks like the adjustments are made to the Focused plan after you add the plan, not when you preview it.

2 Likes

Still can’t tell if that’s a typo or not … :thinking::grinning:

4 Likes

Haha. A wee Freudian there maybe!

Perfectly describes the Holy Water.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This will be my first ToS and the tour looks pretty awesome. I somehow expected more than one workout per day - not only on the last day.
Not sure why though - no one in their right mind would ride this one nuclear, let alone cramp more workouts in …

5 Likes

“Come into the Tour rested” said Sir Neal …hmmmm completing a 423km (262mile) ride on the 24/25 Feb is probably going to mean Stage 1 will be fun!

Route looks super but might have to exploit the 50hrs time window this year

3 Likes

Looks like The Model will be the point I regret my decisions in life :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

So in order to decide between focussed and get me through it, I will have to one by one add these to my calendar, assess the % of the stages, and then choose.
Hardly ideal

It used to be 9 days covering two weekends and there would be more than one per day over the 4 weekend days. I think that used to just flog you too hard (if that’s possible) to get any real gains, I think the 7 days makes it a bit more achievable now. But of course you can always throw in an extra workout yourself :wink:

4 Likes

The Model.
It broke Sir Neal three times. And he designed it for his pro riders.
Do we need to say more?

19 Likes

the-office-john-krasinski

4 Likes

Was that workout in response to those who find the workouts too easy in SYSTM?

6 Likes

What a line up! Having the single rides during the week helps with the amount of time needed during the work week - still looks like many days of sore legs.

1 Like

Do we need to say more? No, you didn’t even need to say that!!!

I looked at the options
Yes Focussed has reduced percentages on the toughest rides
But Get me through it DOES NOT
@gpsjared
Please can this be sorted?
I usually do get me through it
Bob

1 Like

```

Preformatted text

STAGE TIME TSS IF
1 Giro d’Italia Donne 1 2:10 147 0,82
2 The Way Out 0:59 67 0,83
3 Downward Spiral 0:54 77 0,92
4 The Model 0:57 76 0,89
5 A Very Dark Place 0:48 60 0,86
6 The Best Thing In The World 0:45 58 0,88
7a Suf Idol 0:29 49 1,00
7b Blender 1:41 129 0,87
7c Cash Register 0:29 44 0,95
TOTAL 9:12 707 0,89

```

2 Likes

Hi Zozzi, and welcome to the forum.

Everyone’s IF (and therefore TSS) values are different. When I look in my app, Downward Spiral is 0.94, Idol is 0.90 and Cash Register is 0.86.

The total TSS in my case is pretty much the same as yours though. I guess it evens out in the end. Pretty sure GvA has planned it that way.