OK I'm convinced. Systm is a POS!

Well, perhaps one needs to define work.
I have an issue using Android and Bluetooth when trying to pair both my left and right Powertap (SRAM) pedals. The minions tell me that I can only pair one of the pedals, either left or right, for wattage which leaves me with half of the correct wattage being displayed and used for TSS, IF, etc…

I’m sure that if I had only a single sided pedal solution that I could use SYSTM on my Android devices.

I will be posting to the forum asking the users if they have a solution to this problem. If not then, for me, Android is not an acceptable platform and I am stuck using a laptop and ANT+ which I have been doing since purchasing my first Suffered at DVD.

@Rik The problem with the Powertap pedals is that on blue tooth each pedal transmits power independently and needs the head unit to combine the data. The left pedal combines the data from both pedals and sends this via ant+. Almost no head units or software will combine the power readings from the right and left pedals, as far as I know. If you really want to use the android system, look up the 4iiii heart rate monitor, as this can act as a bridge to take the ant+ signal from your pedals and transmit it over Bluetooth. I did this a few years ago on Zwift when I had a set of P1’s and it worked well.

I’ve also posted this on your other thread as it may help other powertap users

4 Likes

On the contrary. Most of the guys on here are volunteering their time to help others, out of the goodness of our hearts.

Out of that same goodness, I will only ever post negative comments on a forum after I have exhausted all other options. As a developer myself, I recognize that fixing bugs can take time. So I try to be patient when temporary problems occur. And the last thing I want to do is penalize a company for years after any temporary problems are fixed.

16 Likes

[quote=“Yitzhak1411, post:39, topic:16435”]
most of the guys on forum are mouthpieces of Wahoo [/quote]

I strongly disagree. I’ve not encountered or even read a post here that resembles being a mouthpiece. In fact, I’ve had question and got nothing but great feedback from users and most recently an answer to a perplexing problem.

Well, it’s YouTube. Perhaps my disdain for all things Social Media taints my view but for a few helpful videos I see what you have stated regarding YouTube.

As for Swift versus SYSTM… do you want to train or ride a bike while watching mid 1980’s Nintendo quality graphics?

10 Likes

I agree, this forum is very far from a party for Wahoo mouthpieces.

However, SYSTM isn’t necessarily right for everyone and there is no need to try to convince others that your preferences are objectively correct.

Personally I find the training sessions on SYSTM to be incredibly useful in keeping me paced and productive, while I also often do indoor fake rides using FulGaz because the reactive mode experience allows me to choose my own intervals and pace based on the simulated topography, and I can set my own limits. As I naturally only have three cycling effort levels (daydreaming, all-out full gas, and exactly as fast as the rider in front of me) I am not good at setting limits, and tend to ride at IFs more than a little bit higher using simulated routes than when I am riding Sufferfest sessions. Until I burn out. So SYSTM/Sufferfest works well for me.

12 Likes

+1, @Sir_Brian_M and you’re all much more diplomatic than me.

@Yitzhak1411, pack sand dude. You literally don’t know any of us. Though I would point out many of us are in the IT arena, so no apologies that we can work through some of these issues you complain about.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

And I have over 40 years of IT and software development/testing experience. My last job was working with a worldwide implementation of a very poorly written and implemented distributed software product. It almost left me dead. SYSTM and the preceeding Sufferfest had and still has many major issues. However, I can utilize it within the box that Wahoo and The Sufferfest designed it. That is it’s real strong point. If you are trying to use it outside of that box or expect overnight solutions to your issues, well, sad to say, you are on your own. And you haven’t heard “It works as designed” from the Wahoo staff either (I got to hear that on a daily basis and may be the reason that my former employer has abandoned the software I worked with after a 20 year relationship).

3 Likes

I have to say there seems a lot of bitterness in this thread. Very few companies would respond and apologize for a simple mistake.

For everyone complaining - how much of the problems you are facing is the app and how much is external factors (your equipment, poor bandwidth, etc). I believe in treating people how you would like to be treated.

Both the platform and the community and staff are really quite exceptional. Are there problems from time to time? Absolutely. Is it annoying? Absolutely. But then I make mistakes every single day in my business and personal life. Do people stamp their feet and basically call me out and look to shame me? No - nothing in life is perfect. It’s software and will always have quirks and issues that sometimes are difficult to replicate/fathom. That’s the nature of software.

The platform has worked wonders for my fitness (and mental well being) and you have to accept there will be issues from time to time. No different from days when you just don;t perform at your best for no discernable reason.

12 Likes

If you are going to denigrate my integrity, please have the common decency to use correct English grammar.

2 Likes

Well, well, I run a 10yr old Win 7 Pro laptop, therefore I cannot run systm, so I keep using The Sufferfest with NO issues, unfortunately, a decent either laptop or pc where I live[15.6"/256SSD/8GB RAM] costs upwards of $500 + monitor if desktop, so I cannot upgrade my laptop, I pay mortgage and most bills in the house, my salary gives me enough to purchase a few gels and maybe 2 or 3 tubes of Nuun for my weekend rides, during the week, I use water with lemon & honey …
No need to call an app that works a POS just because YOUR pc/laptop can’t handle it or because something in your settings in NOT allowing it to properly run …
So, stop complaining, find underlaying issues and start pedaling!

2 Likes

Hey hey hey. Despite the title of the OP’s post, let’s remember to be kind to each other.

Experiencing issues is frustrating, no doubt, many of us have had some at one time or other. Let’s attack the problems though, and not the people. Constructive solutions, suggestions, encouragement etc are always welcomed. Insults, accusations and disparagement are not.

14 Likes

+1. Though to be fair - technically I was RESPONDING to an attack… :smirk:

1 Like

@CBrweer , not sure why you’re replying to me with your comment. I’m assuming you intended to respond to the OP. SYSTM works fine for me.

The specific comment I made that you replied to was confirming a workout-related issue identified by the OP, and stating that I’d raise a bug report. The workouts have been fixed.

3 Likes

Hello,

Yes, apologies, I am as dumb as it gets with replying in forums. I was trying to reply to the OP.

Basically if it works for me, should work for him, but …

Again apologies for replying to you.

2 Likes

No problem @CBrweer . Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

This conversation seems to have gone a bit sideways. Let me address them, hopefully to the correct person.

@way9e0 I did raise a bug report. Yes the workout issue was addressed quickly. However, everyone, including Wahoo Support, passed right over my issue of not being able to do anything because of a message to 'activate my 0 day trial’. I have an annual membership. When I followed up with them about this issue I was told to first, shut down Systm and reopen it which would apply any update. They apparently didn’t read where I said I shut Systm down and restarted it three times with the same result. There second ‘fix’ was to uninstall and reinstall the program.

I’m sorry if that offends anyone but if read my original post, it is clearly spelled out.

@CBrweer I do have a laptop that can handle it. You are the second person to assume, without any knowledge of the issue, that this is the problem. I am running a Gen 9 i7 Lenovo laptop with 8GB Ram and a 500 GB HDD. And, having discussed my various issues with support, there is nothing wrong with my settings. I would love to find the underlying issues, but when the only things support offers are to restart the program or uninstall & reinstall the software, that is not addressing my issues.

@Glen.Coutts you are correct, the title is sparking some heated reactions. Let me apologize. I should have chosen a less incendiary title.

To all, let me say again, I like Systm, when it works. My issues have been many. In reading other posts, I am not alone. I want it to work and not have to think about it. But that has not been my experience. I hope it gets better.

Finally, it might be time to let this thread come to a close. Not an order, just a friendly suggestion.

7 Likes

You mean that SYSTM is not a Point of Sales system? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha ha ha! As I started my career in IT as a programmer analyst working on a point of sale system, that was how I first read POS in the subject…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey @Critmark it’s all good and posts often turn sideways through no intention of the OP’s. I agree that by now the post should be closed but the SYSTM forum admins or wahoo SYSTM forum admins don’t do this quite as often as they ought to imho.

You’ve been nothing but respectful and I feel for people like yourself who do have issues with the app not doing what it should. I’ve been fortunate myself in having very few issues I wasn’t able to resolve on my own by going through the usual troubleshooting steps (log in/out, hard close, restart app and device, uninstall reinstall etc). The only one with SYSTM that I couldn’t was when them my Kickr Climb wasn’t working with the MacOS Monterey via Bluetooth. The workaround for me there was to use iOS on my phone, with wired adapters to hdmi for a bigger screen or using Ant+ and the extension cord. Thankfully that bug has been squashed.

3 Likes