Outdoor workouts on Wahoo

Currently I can sync any workout to my Wahoo bike computer from Training Peaks, automagically, but this feature is not available on SufferFest (which is now part of Wahoo). Don’t quite understand this limitation (And I recall it was a feature request in the old Forum). It would be really useful to have this capability.

7 Likes

Hi @ZenTurtle- this is a great suggestion and something we’d definitely love to see! We have this on our wish list for future developments already, but I’ll add another tally for this feature request on your behalf!

In the meantime, if you send us an email at theminions@thesufferfest.com, we can send you a link for your training plan for Training Peaks so you can upload the outdoor workouts to your Wahoo cycling computer.

7 Likes

Hi Ellisa, you can add another tally request for this from me. :grin: Can never remember what I’m meant to be doing.
Plus a Training Peaks sync might mean I can see my workout calendar on my google calendar on my phone as well, rather than opening up the website every day as a separate thing. Would really LOOOOOVE to have visibility of my training sessions with the rest of my work and home day as it makes planning to fit them in so much easier. TP sync I’d love for outdoor workouts. But would also love some url calendar magic

7 Likes

@DameLisa- I’ve added to the tally on your behalf!

If you have a training plan you’re using in SUF, just send us an email at theminions@thesufferfest.com and we can send you a link for your training plan to be uploaded in Training Peaks.

2 Likes

Omg you’re kidding!!! Yay!!!

4 Likes

Is it possible to upload an outdoor ride onto your plan? I use a garmin. Thanks

4 Likes

Hi @Derek - great question! Unfortunately, we don’t yet have that capability in our calendar functionality - although it is on our list for future development! I keep track of all of the requested feature improvements by Sufferlandrians - so I’ll add a mark to the overall tally for this feature on your behalf! Thanks so much for the great suggestion!

5 Likes

Thanks Ellisa

1 Like

Hi ellisa,
almost everyone cyclist upload the training/workout/race to strava. and this integration from wahoo works perfect. the community do not understand why planned workout in sufferfest (now part of wahoo) cannot use with wahoo for an outdoor workout.
Wahoo is one of the best training computer/equipment, sufferfest is for training a way better than zwift. why you close that community to a bigger, stronger one. just think about that.
thx, peter

4 Likes

Hi I’m with everyone here. Seems crazy my second day on SUF and no way of uploading my 48km commute to the training schedule and no way of downloading the outdoor rides to my wahoo ELEMNT bolt without having a concurrent training peaks account. Slightly disappointed by the lack of interoperability.
Regards Rich

5 Likes

Check out intervals.icu - it works with Strava and calculates your fitness, form and fatigue and has several tools to review your numbers. I think SUF is planning to have Wahoo Element integration sometime in Q1 2021 based on whispers in this forum.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s an interesting site, thanks for the tip and the heads up for wahoo integration :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Garmin also? Could be tricky I guess

Buenas,quiero empezar a entrenar con suf,pero no encuentro la manera de pasar mis actividades al wahoo ELEMNT,para poderlas hacer al aire libre,hay alguna manera?he buscado en muchos foros,pero no encuentro nada.
No quiero salir con el móvil en mi potencia,sino que lo que quiero es tener mi actividad cargada en mi wahoo y seguirla en mi ciclocomputador,es posible?Muchas gracias.

Buenas le he enviado un correo por si tuviera la amabilidad de enviarme ese enlace para poder cargar mis entrenos y poderlos hacer en el exterior en mi wahoo elemnt.Muchas gracias

+1 for a solution for outdoor workouts. My suggestion:

Short term - a workout library available to subscribers on Training Peaks that has all the outdoor workouts and we can use to schedule our weekend outdoor rides on a head unit (I’d even be willing to pay an additional one off fee for this)

Medium/Long term - direct sync with Wahoo (+ideally Garmin) head unit

4 Likes

Does it mean, I can train outdoor and upload my training to TP?
My question is, how can I get the training onto my Wahoo?

1 Like

+1 for a solution for outdoor workouts.
From Sufferfest app choose “sync to Wahoo Element”, or send to Wahoo Element app as .fit

1 Like

Am I the only one who finds incredibly weird that I can run a TranerRoad workout on my Wahoo, but not a SUF workout (which is part of Wahoo).
Any of the minions care to provide some sort of clarification on how is that possible?

7 Likes

It makes no sense not to have integration with bike computer. If you could run straight from SUF to my Elemnt, i wouldnt even need Training Peaks any more! What are people expected to do in the meantime, tape a piece of paper to the toptube like ye olden days?

3 Likes