Sorry but I have to rant!

At least you’re self aware :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

+1 on the Powerline Adapter suggestion. If nothing else, you can test that it works well ahead of the quest

3 Likes

As far as a test is concerned you only need to know that more than one ride definitely upload AFTER you’re back in the house. Data is irrelevant?in my view). Do you want me to do this? Quite happy to go switch on a pc, disconnect it from all internet connectivity and run two videos. Then I’ll reconnect to the internet and check that SYSTM simply uploads both.

But in short, if you were to test this yourself I’d suggest

1. Download two videos to your pc/device/whatever
  2. Switch Wi-Fi off before you go to the pain cave so there is no attempt now by the device to talk to the world.
  3. Go to pain cave
  4. Run a video. If it adds comfort then spin a pedal or two to create data for a minute.
  5. Let the video finish and save.
  6. Run another video. As above let it finish and save
    (Noting it’s only saving to your device here)
  7. Head back into house with Wi-Fi
  8. Switch Wi-Fi on on your device.
  9. Check that both rides upload as you would expect.

Ps. No - I wouldn’t do that. I’d pick short videos like Open15 and I wouldn’t bother doing 10. My suggestion was a couple I think. Feels like a good use of 45 minutes so that you know what your options are

@Martin I know what happens with two videos. Common occurrence for me. That won’t really tell me anything I don’t already know. The question is what will happen with 10. As I stated in the original post, I had concerns so I reached out to support. They don’t even know and said it’s possible none would be captured.

The Powerline option is the one I would suggest too. Blazing fast and they work surprisingly well. You could either do the direct Ethernet connection or put a cheap router down there to have WiFi throughout the space.

1 Like

What I’m suggesting is slightly different to your original post where the device is always trying to upload as I understand the post, and to remove any intermittent connectivity issues, disconnect entirely to remove that element of unknown from the equation.

It maybe it doesn’t matter - it’s just impossible to test an intermittent connection that I can think of.

Anyway - if it helps any, I got SYSTM booted up earlier and ran half a dozen. Bedtime now so out of time to do more.
Unplugged the LAN cable so SYSTM had absolutely no connection to the outside world.
Ran six videos and when I saved each one they all went to sync pending (and they make no attempt to sync as there’s no intermittent connection)

I then plugged in the LAN cable and waited for the network to be picked up. A few minutes later all six rides synced and I acquired another 6 Strava rides which I’m off to delete :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just in case it helps your plans is all
My view is we could do 40 rides and do this quite happily as it’s just software waiting to upload information.

9 Likes

I totally understand you …

In order to have all data displayed on screen, I am not lucky, wahoo app will only show 5, whilst The Sufferfest would show you all, Distance, HR, Pwr, Cadence, Effort, Speed. So now, I must choose what I want to see on screen, I am paying the same money for less data …

And synching to Garmin, always an issue, always …

And now, the wahoo fanboys will say that they see nothing wrong … Drumroll please!

Have you checked your display settings? I have Miles, HR, Power, Cadence, Effort and Speed.

What are you missing?

Really??? What error message do you get on your Garmin connect app?
I found that Garmin can only upload a maximum of 5 activities on any given day and nothing more really recently. Perhaps you can also try syncing the activity to TrainingPeaks

Got this from support:

With the update to SYSTM there was a slight change to the screen format. You can choose which 5 metrics to have in your screen.

In your case if you want both speed and distance then you could remove RPE.

My SYSTM version updated just a few days ago and can show all six metrics. Just tested it.

There was an error uploading, try later … or something like that.

But I’m seeing all six on my iPhone and my Mac.

1 Like

I do get that occasionally too. Not too sure if it’s the SYSTM server or the Garmin server.
Does yours happen every other time?

Have you tried updating your Garmin device’s software or get it sync on the computer?

Then systm support doesn’t know how it works … will test tomorrow

Yes, was told that it is possible … wahoo has simply made it, weird … had to basically beg a friend to sell me a used pc with windows 10, was real happy using my 11 yr old windows 7 pro laptop with no issues

I have an eero mesh network added to my provider internet and it works great. Fairly cheap and easy to setup. Another option is an old school ethernet cable that can reach to your laptop. Not sexy but it can work for this occasion.

Good luck in your quest

I can recommend a powerlink adapter. It’s not actually a wifi booster but it extends your network over the powerlines of your house. Works perfectly fine in my downstairs cave.

Mine happens specially if I have yoga, strength and bike, just 3 activities, which somehow takes up to a very long time for those to upload.
I put a service ticket to Garmin, got something like this “Our apologies, seems that the other’s app software at times sends us duplicates for no apparent reason. yada yada yada … We’re looking into it” As said, on those lines …
Would have been easy to say "those with Windows 7, you will not get more updates, the software will only upload to the other apps[TP, Garmin, Strava] …