Suffering outside (Videos)

For those of us who suffer (occasionally) outside and want to share video evidence of it :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey everybody,
this is the full video of my Hinohara ascending and Okutama descending workout.
Perhaps you can use the video as trainer companion or you can simply enjoy watching me suffer :smiley: and get some ideas for your future cycling holidays.

8 Likes

Palace Loops -Tokyo | 皇居練 - 東京 (full length, no music) | Trainer companion

Hey fellow athletes,
As our lives are still ruled by the iron fist of Covid-19, I hope you are all doing well.

This video is supposed to be a motivational video and can be used as a trainer companion.
It was taken before the lock down. You may have seen it before as a short version with music.

This time it’s the whole clip without music.

Slowly but surely things are going back to normal at least here in Japan.
However, numbers of positive tests are going up again. But that was expected after going back to normal. Nevertheless, I believe it won’t be as dramatic as in the U.S.
If you still can’t or don’t want to go out you can now enjoy the beautiful morning around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on your indoor trainer.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

Get on your bike and be AWESOME !!!

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

#MyPrefrontalRides #Covid19 #roadbike

Where you can find me:
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Twitter: https://twitter.com/myprefrontal
Instagram: Roland Philipp (KoS) (@myprefrontal) • Instagram photos and videos
Strava: Signup for free to see more about Sir Roland.
Facebook: Redirecting...

1 Like

Hey fellow athletes,
As our lives continue to be governed by Covid-19 I hope you are all doing well.

Around Cazu campsite are plenty of opportunities to climb. The streets can be quite steep but the conditions are good. It can get really really fast. You really should try if you get the chance. But for now you can enjoy this clip as a trainer companion during one of your FTP workouts.
Please let me know what you think.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

1 Like

That’s a pretty cool initiative, @Sir_Roland! Thank you for sharing :facepunch:.

1 Like

DOUBLE CLIMB | Minamikawa & Minami【ダブルクライム | 大字南川 & 大字南 】

Before I went back home from Cazu campsite I took advantage of the crazy climbs around there and tackled two of them. They have sections of over 20% and can be really scary on rim brakes.
But have a look for yourself and let me know about the crazy climbs in your area. What’s the steepest climb you’ve managed so far?

Please let me know what you think about the video.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

Where you can find me:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/myprefrontal
Instagram: Roland Philipp (KoS) (@myprefrontal) • Instagram photos and videos
Strava: Signup for free to see more about Sir Roland.
Facebook: Redirecting...

1 Like

This is an example of how not to train outdoors…

I went on a random ride, just taking turns as I felt like it. I only realised where I was just after I’d passed the path that leads to the bridge.
Decided to give it a go anyway, a truly stupid idea when you’re on 23 mm slicks and facing a slime covered river-crossing…

Still, it was warm enough I’d dried out a short way down the road :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ouch! Hope you only go wet mate!

1 Like

Slimy. I got slimy… Very minor graze, nothing to worry about. The only stressful or painful outcome from this was the work to get the green algae mark out of my jersey :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey everybody,

This video covers my way home from Cazu campsite. It’s over 3h long so it’s best to use as a trainer companion for long endurance rides. It’s flat and mainly along rivers and cycle paths.
Feel free to use it group workouts etc.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

1 Like

Hi everybody, this time I ride up the Yabitsu pass (and down). It’s a very famous climb for road cyclists from Kanagawa and Tokyo. Again, it’s a pure climbing video including the descend. Perfect as a trainer companion for rides of intermediate length. There will be a little bit of sightseeing as well.

Finally! The first race since the last Ooiso criterium of the season which took place at Ooiso beach (Kanagawa, Japan) at March 22nd.

This time it was a 90min criterium in Chiba near Narita Airport.
After such a long time almost inclusively doing indoor rides I was very motivated.
However, I didn’t anticipate the extremely high level of riders which I would categorize as ‘semi-professional’. So my expected top 10 or even podium position was totally destroyed. BUT IT WAS SERIOUS FUN !!! I am looking forward to more racing so much.
So what was my result?
28th/101 & 8th/22 (my age category).

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

1 Like

Hey fellow athletes,
just another motivational video which can be used as a trainer companion. As the previous palace clip it was taken before the lock down. However, this time it’s 360°. If you still can’t or don’t want to go out you can now enjoy the beautiful morning around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on your indoor trainer. I took this video last spring and right now it’s time again to go out and take advantage of the slightly relaxed rules. But please stay cautious and safe!!! See you next time. Stay safe, stay strong. Get on your bike and be AWESOME !!!

Ouch. I now avoid them (walk the bridge) after a colleague was out on his own and did this only he fractured his pelvis and was stuck in the water for about 20 minutes before being able to crawl out. It took an hour for someone to come along and help him. (His phone got broke in the crash). I realise it was a series of unfortunate events but nonetheless got me thinking! They can be like ice!!

Glad you’re ok!

17th Kawasaki Enduro 2020 | 第17回目となる川崎マリンエンデューロ。

Hi fellow athletes,
this video was shot during the 17th Kawasaki Marine Enduro (I’d rather call it a criterium). Unfortunately the camera stopped recording 2-3 minutes before the finish. So the most thrilling part is missing. However, I believe it’s still a very exciting video and I hope you enjoy it.

I will also post a 360 clip of the race onsite location (access, registration and surroundings) at a later point. But editing will take a bit. So please stay tuned!

Also, my way home from Kawasaki with a detour through Harajuku, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro will follow.

So better you subscribe if you don’t want to miss it!

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

I placed 3rd in my age category
and 8th over all.
(last year I placed 3rd and 12th, respectively).

TAKE ACTION TO LIVE WELL TODAY
https://davisphinneyfoundation.org/

1 Like

[360°VR] ARAKAWA BIRTHDAY RIDE (bit late, I know…) - 荒川バースデーライド 【2020/08/03】

Hey fellow athletes,
I hope you are all doing well in times of Covid-19.

This is a pure fun ride up and down the Arakawa (a river seperating Tokyo prefecture from Saitama prefecture) at my birthday. Nothing much to say about it except that the weather was beaurtiful as well as the scenery.
Nice clip for your long indoor rides.

I hope you enjoy the video. If so, please leave a comment and subscribe to my channel.

See you next time.
Stay safe, get on your bike and be AWESOME !!!

PLEASE LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL.

#MyPrefrontalRides #Covid19 #荒川

【360°VR】Imperial Palace Loops - 早朝皇居練 【2020/10/31】

Hey fellow athletes,
Covid-19 is still around, so I hope you are all doing well.

First Palace loops in a while and perhaps a motivational video for your indoor rides?
It’s a 360° video and will give you some opportunity to get familiar with the area around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
So I hope you will enjoy it. Please let me know so in the comments section and by giving it a thumbs up.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

二度上峠 紅葉ロンググループライド :maple_leaf::jp::biking_man::fallen_leaf: Nidoage Tōge Pass Long Group ride with TWGN :maple_leaf::mount_fuji::biking_man: :maple_leaf:【2020/11/03】:fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf:

Hey fellow athletes,
Covid-19 is still around, so please stay safe and healthy.

Perhaps this was my last chance for an epic climb in the mountains of Japan before the passes are closed for the winter.

I went with my team on a 320km ride to the mountains of Gunma prefecture north of Saitama.
You can check out the activity here:

Although it was initially cold and I arrived at our meeting point while it was still dark and raining, temperatures raised during the day and the sky turned blue.
It was a truly epic climb rewarded with a stunning mountain view and beautiful trees dressed in autum leaves. On top of that I never performed that good on a climb. A perfect day.
I hope you enjoy it.

Let me know so in the comments section what you think and give it thumbs up.
If not, please let me know as well and why.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE

Hi fellow athletes,
this video was shot during the “Winter Cycle Marathon in Sodegaura” (I participated in the 4h men’s solo endurance race). I’ve recorded the first 45 min and then started the camera again for the final 45 min. I hope you enjoy it.

I placed 28th from 78 overall.
Happy with the result though. The field was strong but my pacing strategy was just right and I constantly climbed up in the ranking.

Better you subscribe if you don’t want to miss any future content!
Also, please let me know what you think about the video.

See you next time.
Stay safe, stay strong.

Hey fellow athletes, this is perhaps the last time I can enjoy the autumn leaves around Tokyo this year. Quickly they will be gone and winter will soon dominate the scene perhaps with a little bit of snow? We will see… On this ride you will see the cycle path which routes me from my lab aroundTama lake and sling-shots me back to Tokyo. It is a nice way to finish off a working day particularly when you have a short stop at the local vegetable shop. So I hope you will enjoy it. Please let me know so in the comments section and by giving it a thumbs up. See you next time. Stay safe, stay strong. Get on your bike and be AWESOME !!! PLEASE LIKE & SHARE #MyPrefrontalRides #Covid19 #roadbike