The Gates Are on the Horizon

This weekend is “D-Day”. (Not sure why I’m getting so excited for 10 hrs + of self-flagellation?). Computer: check. Kickr:check. Hydration: :sweat_drops:. Kit: check. Drivetrain: check. I’m sure I’m forgetting something (please remind). My focus was briefly interrupted by @Pierre 's news of the addition to our crew, however we must celebrate during these troubled times. But now back to the task. The ‘menu’ has been a struggle. I must admit that I ‘like’ so many of the videos that it has been tough to choose. Currently it stands thus:
1.Butter
2.Best thing in the World
3.A Very Dark Place
4.Attacker
5.Cobbler
6.Who Dares
7.There is No Try
8.Angels
9.Chasing Legends
10.GOAT

Alternates:
1.Defender
2.Hell Hath No Fury
3.Wretched (apparently the most popular KOS selection)

The order of said choices is yet to be determined and I would ask for your counsel.
BTW @northy185 and @phoenix65 you’ve been radio silence of late?? Will you be accompanying me on the slopes this weekend?

8 Likes

Re: 9. Chasing Legends

Is this valid for a KoS attempt? I can’t see it on the list here:
https://thesufferfest.com/pages/knights-of-sufferlandria

2 Likes

Good catch!! Just love that video. Adjustments shall be made…just no ‘Violator’!!!

1 Like

Love it!

I won‘t help with your video choice since I am too inexperienced myself. But I‘m sure proper help is on the way.

What‘s your favorite style of video?

„They“ say video 7 should be a darling of yours because that‘s when the going gets tough.

How can we cheer you on? Will you post updates?

2 Likes

Replace Chasing Legends with Blender or The Shovel and you’re golden! :grin: :+1:

What time are you starting? There’s at least one other knighthood attempt going off on Saturday. We’ll be riding along with you in spirit. :crossed_swords:

1 Like

@ronburgundy Sure I will. Busy week to make sure there’ll be no unwanted interruption on my way up the broadway to the castle :woozy_face:
Guess I’m ready to go - there’ll be something I may haven’t prepared, but I do not tend to over-engineer my trips, improvisation is part of the fun, sometimes even at the price of extra suffering - and that’s what it is all about. Isn’t it?
Menu is set, will start Sat at 7am CET
See you on the road - good luck

1 Like

was wondering about “chasing legends” but I see your logic :+1:

1 Like

Mr @ronburgundy,

My suffering has not been in vain as I prepare for our full frontal assault. Computer - Check. OG Cycleops HMMR - Check. Fan - Speed 3 preset - check. Water/Skratch - check. More clif bars and gels than I take to a 24 hour race - check. Drivetrain - Worn, but YOLO, it still shifts and doesn’t skip yet.

My menu has also been a struggle. The 3 Minions and our boss, the Team owner, my lovely wife, have given me a small window (relative to the task at hand, mind you) to complete the assault. Failure is not an option. The boss has even offered to ride along for a stretch, which means the oldest (5) will likely put in an effort too.

I’m 32.54% set on my order, and have downloaded the videos to deal with my less than awesome wi-fi signal. Lots of intensity here, planning to start at a modest?? 80% and hold as long as I am able.

I plan on starting at 0600 CDT (-5 GMT) Saturday, with short breaks after 3, 6, 8, and then the pizza and beer reward at the end. Since this is 24 hour racin’ trainin’ for me, I gotta keep 'er movin, and of course, watch out for deer.

1. Do As You’re Told -Speed
  2. GOAT -Endurance
  3. Revolver -Speed
  4. The Best Thing in the World -Racing
  5. The Wretched -climbing
  6. The Omnium -Racing
  7. A Very Dark Place -Speed
  8. There Is No Try -Speed
  9. Power Station -climbing
  10. Attacker -Endurance

Honor, Glory, VICTORY!

6 Likes

Whoo hoo! Now I’m stoked @northy185 @phoenix65 this shall be an epic assault!! By the way, in light of “donor-fatigue” (TOS, Ride to Conquer Cancer, MS etc.) I have decided to self pledge some dough to a very worthy cause and a true inspiration @DPhin and their great work. I hope that I may extend my arms in triumph as the “Cash Register” did so many times! My quest shall commence at 8:00am EST. Do or Not Do…“There is No Try!” God speed Comrades!!

5 Likes

Looking like a nice strong line-up there @ronburgundy, go forth and conquer!
Great to see some of the longer sessions like Cobbler in there too!
Happy Suffering :bike:

3 Likes

Go @ronburgundy! And thank you!

1 Like

@northy185 you’re the first of us to go, so have a good start.
Honor, Glory, Victory will be yours

2 Likes

The battleground has been decided: the garage will be cooler through the morning hours, and the door will provide much more ventilation than the windowless basement room I normally call home. 10 water bottles are filled (and my wife says we have too many… ha!!)
Tomorrow, we ride!
@ronburgundy
@phoenix65

5 Likes

Brothers. I am giddy with anticipation (and a healthy dose of dread). We shall suffer valiantly that we may join those that have gone before. Good luck @northy185 & @phoenix65. Never give up. Honour, Glory, Victory!’

7 Likes

@northy185 Did your wife talk to mine? I heard something similar…
Will spend the day in the garage too fighting for glory.
Let’s get it done :+1:

7 Likes

@ronburgundy I assume you’ll wear the helmet as David did…
Good luck, see you at the gates

3 Likes

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

4 Likes

1/10,’ Do As You’re Told complete. Feeling good; GOAT warmup started now. Currently wish I saved GOAT for later as it is my happy place. Oh well, next time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

The fire extinguisher is a good touch…in case your beautiful steed catches fire from the torque!!

1 Like

Shots fired!!! @northy185 go get them! You do however look too fresh…apply the pressure!!!

2 Likes