The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 3: A Week With Neal Henderson - Rabbit Mountain

Yes, you can definitely work it off two devices - I frequently run SYSTM on my phone or tablet if I’m using my laptop for something else. But for the all-in-one, a la @DameLisa, you have to use a computer. Boot up both RGT and SYSTM on the computer, using the control settings as referenced in the article to ensure SYSTM is controlling the power, and then use the float/window setting in SYSTM to give you the overlay, which I then move to the bottom of the RGT screen. You’ll ride your SYSTM workout, and the power/cadence/HR generated there (if your BT and trainer can handle the multiple inputs) will push you up the road in the RGT workout.

A few of the knights have mentioned this for Stage 7 (believe kudos to @Glen.Coutts and @DameLisa for the idea). The idea I heard and liked is to ride Stage 7 in SYSTM, but up Stelvio in RGT. Then when the SYSTM workout ends, I will complete the Stelvio ride in RGT as a Stage 7b.

Though I think Sir @Glen.Coutts meant he was actually going to ride Stelvio in RGT AFTER Stage 7 which - given the relatively low TSS for this year’s event - could be a “good” idea for the true Sufferlandrians in the field.

:grimacing:

6 Likes

That is exactly what I meant. Stage 7b will be the full Passo Dello Stelvio from start to finish AFTER completing Stage 7a the TGTTOS workout that I’ll run in SYSTM cuz Sir Standsalot should not be missed. I’ll run RGT passively while SYSTM controls 7a.

Need an epic finish for The Wahoolimabob Tour

5 Likes

My setup isn’t that sophisticated :wink:. I’ll see if I can do one one computer. Six months into my X subscription and I have yet to do RGT (I don’t like Z**** so wasn’t interested in RGT but I’ll use the tour as an intro assuming I can get it working on one computer).

3 Likes

It’s quite cool riding and knowing and seeing Tash and Jon riding alongside in RGT knowing they’re doing the same workout in SYSTM.

3 Likes

Honestly can’t decide on this one, Sir @Glen.Coutts. As stupid ideas go, I like the cut of your jib, but :crazy_face:!

Though, TBH - looking at it - your plan may make sense. TGTTOS is what – an hour and a half? That likely wouldn’t leave much Stelvio left.

As I understand it from documentation (haven’t actually used RGT much, TBH), once you finish a non-loop course, RGT automatically turns you around at the finish right? So I guess you could ride up for TGTTOS, then turn around in RGT, ride back down, then go up again? That would be VERY Sufferlandrian (and VERY stupid!).

You’re looking at - what – 2.5 hours, roughly, for 7a/b?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I may be in for this!

5 Likes

See below. I’ve also not used it much at all. Not really interested in video-gaming my training, a la Z***** either. But give it a try?

3 Likes

It has your name written ALL over it

2 Likes

That was a big bar, wasn’t it???

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of!

:grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m not gonna faff around on RGT after 7a. I’ll just save the ride, take a 10 min break then climb.

So 1.5 hours for TGTTOS and then just over 2 more hours to do the complete Stelvio (up and down) at my current weight, fitness and gearing at 100% trainer difficultly on RGT. I’m not planning to set a specific time or group event for The Big Climb. Just a solo Sufferlandrian slog of an ITT. The climb, the only time I’ve done it, I was lighter and stronger took 1:40 and the decent took about 20.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan. I’m down.

KNIGHTS…

avengers-assemble-captain-america

7 Likes

Ahaahha, as we knew you would be. Sir Glen, are you riding this on your Saturday?

3 Likes

of course you’re down. It’s a stooopid idea. Yada yada think alike and fools seldom differ :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

The mythical Lactate Lagoon!

3 Likes

You’re really milking the 7a/7b thing :wink:

3 Likes

SHAGGY COW!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

For the record Cap’n Sir, the wahoominati are NOT The Company. Far far from it… The wahoominati are a breed of NOT Wahooligans and are strongly opposed to the renaming of the sacred ToS to the unspeakable name The Company has given it. The wahoominati support a proper home for Sufferlandrian history and the protection of the nation.

The wahoominati would have preferred “The Tour” to the GvA forsaken name The Company chose. The wahoominati do understand the need to adapt and the benefit of introducing a less “intense” experience to gather more unsuspecting folks to the shores of the Great Lactic Acid Sea but are also 100% supportive of all efforts to intensify the individual suffering therein. The wahoominati refer to The Company’s tour as The Wahoolimabob Tour.

Also, for the record, I can neither confirm nor deny that there may or may not be a number of Knights of Sufferlandria who are also distinguished members of the wahoominatus.

The wahoominati are ALWAYS watching. #twaaw

Unconfirmed rumours from the tunnels deep below the SUF Mines and even darker than the darkest Very Dark Place is that there may even be a limited run of wahoominati kit.

Xoom Xoom!

11 Likes

In ladies’ sizes??

6 Likes

Hehe. Yep. For all it’s worth. It’s in my nature to encourage dumb ideas. Quite honestly, I can’t imagine a Tour without a Queen Stage and this Wahoolimabob Tour was just crying out for one. No obligations to join but just happy to see others doing it too. #itwillallbefine #tuhntf

6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes