ToS 2022: Stage 2 - The Way Out - is OPEN! Discuss here!

Stage 1 made this feel a totally different workout. Under normal circumstances I would say the way out is my fav workout, beautiful scenery nice music , under an hour what could be better. I was going to abbreviate TWO but as you see it makes 2 which is also the stage No.

6 Likes

Actually, removing sweat glands would making climbing harder. Sweat helps with heat removal which regulates body temperature.

I know, I know, there is always one guy who ruins the joke.

4 Likes

Caption Stage 2 for me:

1. “Easypeasylemonsqueezy”
  2. “Chew stem much?”
  3. “I will kick my a*s in Stage 2 to do it all again in Stage 3…Honour, Glory, Victory”
  4. “Blimey…get a selfie stick already”

6 Likes

Found the way out of a case of the Mondays. Stage 2 done.

8 Likes

And, GvA foreshadowed that this ride would be in the ToS. Did you notice this too?

11 Likes

I’m not sure if I got credit for “The Way Out” It is not green on my Calendar like The Downward Spiral and Giro D’Italia. I did it again today to see if it would 'take" but it is still not green line the other two on Tour. Can anyone provide some advice here?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter if it’s green on the calendar. To check if you got credit, click the Progress tab (where all the badges are), the click Tour of SUF. You’ll see if you got credit there. Mine looks like this.

6 Likes

Got it and found it! Thanks so much for the helpful and easy-to-follow instructions. You were correct, I did get credit for The Way Out, so I’m on track!

Cheers!

Ed

6 Likes

Stuck in Couchlandria?
No need to pout!
Just follow @michael.cotty
He’ll show you the way out!!

Pretty sure the most prevalent thought during stage 2 was, “This ride normally isn’t this hard”. Though I must say, having the opportunity to stay on a given power target for more than, say, 15-20 seconds was a BIG PLUS!!

10 Likes

Great photo! I love your creativity!

2 Likes

Love the KOM! Appropriate.

“Leave All Hope Behind” Now I know why I haven’t tried to find ‘The Way Out’ very often. That was tough especially with Stage 1 in the legs. Slowing the cadence down was agonizing (I guess that’s the object) @Heretic “the comment on the screen says “flattening”. You just go from a 11% to a 12% grade.”
Ha! I’ve sent in a service ticket to Wahoo since my Kickr Climb pitched up at that point! Loving the Tour thus far. Bring on Stage 3!

4 Likes

I’m like everyone else. Usually this ride plays to my strengths but I usually have rested legs. Today? OUCH. That 55 rpm cadence did a number on me. Now for a Czech Pilsner and putting my legs up before Stage 3.

4 Likes

The administrators of this site have blocked Dame Isi from commenting for the next 5 days.

9 Likes

Now it’s appearance number 2. Perhaps that pop up needs updating, Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS ?

5 Likes

:v:t3:
NOTE: although there is no term for the fear of tunnels, there is a term for the fear of suffering: Agliophobia – or “being a Couchlandrian.”

3 Likes

I have done The Way Out four times in the past 13 months, but for the reason you state I did not do it 100% here.

Yes, the slow cadence is on purpose to help you develop the neuromuscular strength you need for hill climbing. Do you do much climbing on your outside rides? How do you do with G.O.A.T and Power Station? Lower cadence efforts have become “easier” for me.

4 Likes

Isn’t that too much PUNishment for @IsiSchneider_KoS?

6 Likes

Very happy to get through this on the reduced power numbers on the GMTI program, and even then it was a bit of a struggle. Fatigue has caught up with me just in time for the tour. :frowning:

4 Likes

I object. there are witnesses

6 Likes