TOS and yoga

Hello all,

I noticed there is no yoga included during The TOS. So to increase my chances of finishing The Tour, I was hoping to add some yoga. Looking over some yoga only plans I was wondering which would be a smart choice to incorporate. I was thinking the yoga recovery badge plan. But this might be too much recovery :wink:. So looking for some good ideas to add some flexibility/recovery seasons in there.

Hey Thomas,
Good point and sorry we didn’t give an option on the ToS plans.
If you go to the workouts tab and sort the workouts by category, I recommend the activation or breathing categories before doing a stage and if you want more after, the Recovery or Flexibility categories will be perfect.
Happy Suffering and see you on the start line!

3 Likes

Hey Rupert,

That’s a speedy reply. Thanks a lot. And no worries about there not being a plan,there is plenty of sessions to choose from. But that is the reason I asked since I figured I would do some recovery and flexibility session ( as I do really like these). But sometimes it is hard to find "the right one " after a given workout.

1 Like

The yoga is a bit too flowing for me after a workout, I pick a selection of stretches I can relax in to rather than keep changing position every few seconds and getting a sweat on.

Hi TOS 2022 participants.

I almost do the morning yoga every day and been thinking about how to survive the Focus option for 2022. I will probably do these sessions from day 1 to 7.

What do you think?

Magnus /Stockholm

1 Like

@Magnus_M72 I prefer the 10 minute novid warmup video over yoga and also sometimes use the Ignitor video too. For post-ride yoga is a good idea and you probably can use many of the beginner or intermediate sessions if you don’t want do do the same session all week.

I do the Morning Yoga Routine almost every day before my first ride. Not too intensive, but helps loosen up the joints and hips.

Hips and Hamstrings, and Super Easy Stretch III are my go-to’s after a hard session. I’ll aim to do one of these after each stage this year.

In the morning, it’s a mix between Morning Yoga Routine and p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶n̶o̶o̶z̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶1̶5̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶s̶ reporting to flogging station #5

2 Likes

@Magnus_M72 , I really like the Pre-Ride Warm Up yoga before any hard workouts. Combined with the in-workout warmup, it’s enough for me to be able to hit the main part of the workout feeling properly warmed up. It’s my go-to warmup any time I do Full Frontal.

I have been doing yoga for 2 years practically every day. Last year before, during, and after ToS. This year’s preparations for KoS are also daily with yoga. I don’t see why I should drop it at this year’s ToS.