TOS Stage 5! - Open! Official Thread

That. Was. Awesome! Absolutely loved this workout! I’m doing a Focused Tour and my AC, MAP, and FTP were turned down to 85%, 90%, and 90% respectively. I’m already looking forward to doing this after the Tour (+ recovery) at 100%!!

9 Likes

That was so much fun! Awesome stage!

4 Likes

That was not my favourite… altough I think most of my brief opinion came down to few facts: a) riding nuclear… b) seems like my bottom bracket is giving up… c) were way too lazy changing-> rest were almost threshold… so went digging well beyond the nuclear…

Need to try Norway again with fresh legs after TOS…

maybe should drop a little down from nuclear tour, just for one day to open these legs… ouch…

I did Norway last week fresh and off new FF numbers at 100% found it quite easy. Five days in, tired legs and although off focused option numbers found it much harder. That said perfect session after the last four days and mirroring what a number have said this is def a new fave.

3 Likes

Can’t wait! As soon as I get off work I riding in Norway! Happy riding everyone!

Top 10 guaranteed or your money back! :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Can we donate enough to make @Magnito wear the skin suit of CF Hagen,…

Norway Fundraising Challenge?

Just a few more donations and we get so see a sight we don’t want to see…

1 Like

I did an upper body workout this morning (US ET) before jumping on the bike and doing Norway. I’m tired now! Might be an early bedtime so I can get up and do stage 6 before work tomorrow!

1 Like

Yes - Top 10 GC for me too! That was brilliant, just as good as I was hoping it’d be.

Had wondered about missing the music but didn’t even notice really as was concentrating on the action too much!

Well done to all of those that helped make it, and especially to Carl Hagen.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the encouragement from the DS. That and having all those low power stretches kept me optimistic all the way through. Good ride.

5 Likes

For those of you curious what Stage 5 has in store, check out this review of Norway from Cam Nicholls at Road Cycling Academy: https://youtu.be/Jf49TyzUe3E

5 Likes

And you can help us improve Norway by filling out this anonymous survey: https://forms.gle/vSkVpk46i6N1CKhE9

9 Likes

Cool Just finishing :+1:

Edit: I turned off auto pause when I did it today so I could be in the super tuck on descents :sunglasses:. Recommend it. :+1:

4 Likes

Rode Norway today for the first time and loved it. Please make more like this. Survey done.

3 Likes

All decorated for tomorrow

10 Likes

Absolutely brilliant session! Totally immersive, amazing job Sufferfest

3 Likes

Got up at 5:30 a.m. so I could ride Norway for the first time ever before I went to work. I’ve discovered it’s really hard to keep pushing through long workouts after work…
Love this workout! I was absolutely enjoying it 200% until I got to the part where the DS says now the climb starts…and I realized my legs weren’t up to those two big sprints I hadn’t yet noticed, waiting for me at the end.

LOL. Love it! I can’t wait to do it again at 100% on fresh legs. Thinking I might need to take a rest day tomorrow though. GOAT the night before was a bit much for me. Thanks for the 2021 present, Sufferfest.

4 Likes

Riding it early Thursday morning here in the mid-west. This overnight transfer from Port Misery to Honefoss across The Great Lactic Acid Lake is tiring. I had no idea that we would be put on bikes connected by pulley to the main propeller shaft…to power ourselves across the lake. And in true Sufferlandrian fashion, the winds are blowing against us as we sail to Stage 5.

10 Likes

Norway was a nice change. I loved it, well that’s a little exaggerated. To hear the coaching was great. Can’t wait to do it again when i have fresh legs.

2 Likes

Tour fatigue is definitely kicking in. I’m doing focused and the last five minutes were a grind. It was a. pretty cool workout. Definitely something to do when a change of pace is needed on the trainer.

Onwards to stage 6!

1 Like