ToS takes place during my 12 week Training Plan

Hi All,

Is there any way to suspend my 12week All Purpose Road Training Plan for the duration of the ToS? It seems a shame to abandon the current plan and have to start afresh, I appreciate if I was truly Bad Ass enough I would do both together but I really like the idea of being able to walk afterwards! Apologies if this has been asked before.

1 Like

Right before the tour, delete your plan. Your existing workouts will be kept. Then add the tour back with the finish date a week later.

The other alternative is to move each workout individually a week later.

2 Likes

I would just leave everything the way it is for your plan. Fro the 7 days of the tour do the stages and forget your plan for the tour. When the tour is done and you are possibly still walking continue on eh!

1 Like

It might be tough to jump right back into training after ToS. Might want to take a recovery week (or two) after.

1 Like

@Heretic is spot on with riding up until the tour then deleting and re-applying the plan after with the end date a week later.

@Chris254 is right too, do not underestimate the tour and make sure you have enough time to recover. It is also worth checking on where you are up to in your plan the week before the tour, ideally you want to be coming off a recovery week so you can hit it hard on those cobbles come feb 14th

2 Likes

I plan on interrupting my plan a few days before the Tour and doing TaperEfforts three days before and Primers the day before the start.

2 Likes