ToS'21: Stage 5 - Norway

Dame @anon8787683 left instructions:

Not going to ride Norway until the Tour.

9 Likes

No cadence targets. Or heart rate targets.
Just ride. And suffer.
Really looking forward to this one.

1 Like

Everyone make sure to read Norway! Instructions for the best ride experience – Sufferfest Support before undertaking Norway.
No cadence or heart rate targets…

4 Likes

Many happy returns of the day!

3 Likes

Quick look is all I did there. POV camera work gonna make this great. Gonna be mental :joy: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yessssss!!

Saving this beauty for the Tour.

Nice one GvA.

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Or music - for the ‘immersive’ experience :goat:

**Norway - Brilliant Sir David!!

My intent was to recon at an easy pace to see what this new beast was all about! Well let me tell you that somehow I found myself right in the thick of it on the climb and the race to the finish.

A masterpiece of feeling the race all around you. Even twitched a few times when passed at close range.**

6 Likes

Thanks! That’s exactly the feeling we were going for.

3 Likes

YES! Happy Birthday to you Dame Lisa (mine was 9Feb)

:grin: Thanks!

Happy belated birthday!!! And thanks!

I am super excited in anticipation of riding Norway. Sir David knows what we want and it sounds like the SUF team have pulled out all the stops to get the most immersive experience.
I was a bit worried about the lack of music and wondered if I would need to cue up my own soundtrack so I had a sneaky preview of the whole intro/warmup. It’s only made me more excited and especially so as we are riding as a Lotto Soudal Team member, riding a Ridley bike.
I jumped forward to a bit of the race footage too and I won’t be needing to play music. I’ll be immersed in the sounds of the race, the drivetrain noise, the tyres, the gear changes, the DS (which reminds me of Team Scream too), the beeping from the motos, the sounds of the spectators.

Just a few little sessions and a hour of suffering stand in the way of glory.

I hope there will be more of these immersive rides in the works. How about a first person perspective from a Crit Race?

4 Likes

What a great addition! Totally different with no music and a completely immersive experience - really interesting in that it had a real life outdoor ride feel to it. When drafting, matching the cadence of the riders in front and then increasing cadence to take a turn at the front.

Wonderful workout - and found it very hard but not too hard to have to dial it back.

It really is quite wonderful just how good the new releases are and kudos to the whole team for turning out such great quality workouts!

4 Likes

Imagine doing Norway with a Holofit or some other VR device.

1 Like

I’m wishing I had a kickr Climb at least

I did NORWAY this week on lower numbers to match the TSS of my original workout of the ToS preparation plan. And like mentioned it already here and there, I think this workout adds another flavor to the library, for people going into this direction (I am not one of those). I like the idea of a “race simulation” - if it is based on real numbers matching the footage makes it even more cool, but it doesn’t have to be a must.
Even though I get the idea of having no cadence targets - about HR I do not care since a couple of years - I personally dislike it. With that you can go to 90RPM and leave the rest to the smart trainer. Saying that, I also miss the music, story, “encouraging” comments - everything which does make SUF videos special and makes the difference to Trainerroad etc.

To make a long story short:
Norway is okay as a new flavor/type of workout. If this is the future for all videos I am worried.

3 Likes