Tour of Sufferlandria 2014 is on the calendar! Who's in?

geez. Good on you for sticking to it anyway! Seriously. THIS is internal motivation on display. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

I hope it’s not too serious and that everything works out. Be healthy, everything can be solved! May you be able to enjoy a lot of misery in the saddle

2 Likes

Extra shot+ The Wretched

“A SUF classic, this session is not for the (…), or the fatigued of legs…” :raising_hand_man: wretched legs.
really hard both the two last sprints, the one in the last hill standing, had to dig really deep, and the last one of the session pufff. I guess I’m heading to a very dark place

Long live to the Sufferfest!

Never!

Wheel suckers are a worst species then :point_down:

Also good vibes to @Critmark and @CPT_A

5 Likes

C’mon man. Show us your sufferfaces!!

3 Likes

Sorry but I once posted a picture of myself online and was subsequently permanently banned from ever doing that again. Something about making babies cry and animals run in terror. Apparently I was the lone exception to the saying ‘a face only a mother could love’, she couldn’t.

5 Likes

Oh man. Now I REALLY wanna see it!

3 Likes

I don’t. I never did like horror movies.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t2: sorry Sir @Glen.Coutts

Out of a beautifull Very Dark Place but not so Dark as the Wretched , to me at least.

Done!

4 Likes

The Wretched is one of the most aptly named Sufferfests. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

This Sir is a wise man.

I made it through today, but barely. The Hunted went well except at the end of the sprints I could tell my blood sugar was running down. So as soon at they were done i downed 25 carbs split between fast and slow carbs. I did get through at 100%.

But as I started Angels it was clear I was too late getting the carbs on board. I downed another 25 carbs but really struggled through this one. I made it, but it was dialed back and still painful.

I don’t often miss this bad on fuel, but it happens. On to tomorrow and Blender.

2 Likes

Egads! You two are killing it here! Amazeballs!

1 Like

This night of interrupted sleep I was visited by some old friends, the wrethced cramps, so it seems that I went to a very dark place yesterday after all.

Angels, weren’t very angelic!

I thought it would be worse tough, after the “crampsy” night but it wasn’t devastating.
Again, I evaluated it too early, because halfway through the Hunted, I literally took the sledgehammer man. (Since English is not my mother tongue, I lack vocabulary and also idiomatic expressions. Sledgerhammer man is an expression that is used in Portugal when we burst at a certain point in the race and from then on it is just surviving:)). Is there this literal expression in English? what expressions do you use? Is there any threath with this theme?

So on the second climb on The Hunted I weakened, but there I held on until the end! SUFFER!! :slight_smile: Misery! 2 videos.

My bow to all the glorious KoS around here! You are amazing! One day I will get there :))

5 Likes

Stage 8 is done, and I am sufficiently Blended. Oh Goody, all that is left is to be Violated! What fun.

4 Likes

Fun times ahead! Woot woot!

I’m assuming “sledgehammer man” is the same as the Spanish expression: vino el tío del mazo :slight_smile:

In English you’d say you’d “bonked”. (To emphasise it you could say “I bonked big time”, for example).

1 Like

Hi @JimC gracias! no conocia la expression vino el tio de mazo:) i guess that’s it :slight_smile: i’ve seen also “getting it by the hammer” wich resembles. Anyway, that was it :slight_smile:

Me too, feel blended and drained :slight_smile:

Had a birhday dinner the night before, couldn’t properly recover from the bonking in yesterday’s Hunt so today i really had to dig deep and somehow thinking about, humbly tough, honour the Sufferlandrian spirit and pull my self up in the saddle for a Blend. Today was all about the superior triad of the Suf symbol, Pain, Misery, Agony.

In the second plate i couldn’t hold the power and cadence and had do dial down to 80%.

Then in the TT in the end could put it back to 100%. I had no legs for the burts.

Is this allowed in the Tour of Sufferlandria?

I hope to be able to present myself with dignity tomorrow for the final violation.

Can’t bieleve it’s ending!
Thank you Sir director @Critmark and Sir @Glen.Coutts for leading me to this.

2 Likes

It was all Sir Stuart @Critmark

I’m just a spectator for this nonsense. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:smile:

Indeed

2 Likes