Training Plans with only Sufferfest Workouts

@LisaFrey Before the Inspiration videos came out about a year or so ago the recovery sessions were just the SUF videos dialed down. So for a 1 hour recovery ride you might ride Team Scream at 50% of FTP. You could definitely replicate this method - just find the right length video and then make the adjustments. However not everyone liked this method and so the Inspiration videos were introduced.

Alternatively try using the Inspiration videos but just turn off sound and video and then watch whatever you want to pass the time.

Finally there are Open videos in the Sufferfest category. They are in lengths of 15, 30, 40, 60 and 120 minutes. They have racing footage but no sound. They are all at 60% of FTP but you can change the % to whatever you need that day or just ride in level mode.

So there are lots of options.

I have actually completed all of the GCN videos in pursuit of badge collecting. I always thought of them as spin class videos but some have video of outside rides. They actually grew on me and there are some really good workouts among the videos - most of which were developed by Coach Neal Henderson. Again, you have the option to turn off video and sound and add your own music and video.

Hope that helps!

1 Like