Two sessions in a day

Hello all!
I am following three week MAP training. On one day there are two sessions I should complete I.e. the chores and open 60. Is there any recommendation how those two should be taken from the training perspective, meaning one by one with no rest? Or one in the morning, second in the afternoon? The chores first, or maybe other way round? I believe it might be important.
I would appreciate your suppor as I am new to structured training.
Thank you for suggestions!
All the best!
W.

1 Like

That’s an interesting question - I’ll be following this thread.

Previously, it mentioned the order in which to run them. With Systm that’s no longer the case. Perhaps something to highlight to the minions?

My guess is to do Chores first and then get the time in with Open 60 after a little refreshment break.

1 Like

I would have thought The Chores first and then Open 60. I don’t think a break between the 2 sessions would do any harm, but probably better to do back-to-back for maximum effect.

1 Like

I would agree with the others here. Do them back-to-back with The Chores first. I am working on a self-designed plan and did The Rookie followed by Open 40 last night. Just a few minutes in between. The steady sub-threshold after the hard workout is a good endurance build.

2 Likes

It looks like you get your workout with the chores, while the open 40 is just to add volume. On the road, a 1 hour 45m session would not raise an eyebrow

1 Like

I had this a few days ago. I did the hard session first and then used the open 60. I cast to the big screen some GCN track cycling (the new UCI event from Majorca). Worked a treat!

1 Like

Totally agree with what the others have said. I just wanted to add that while doing them back to back is ideal there is still benefit if you need to do them separately during the day. Most of the time I can get my doubles done back to back but sometimes life doesn’t allow for that. Don’t stress over it.

1 Like