Wahoo X June Challenge - GRVL

As the sun starts to shine and the outdoor trails beckon, we’ve curated four thrilling gravel themed workouts exclusively for you in Wahoo SYSTM. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or just starting out, our immersive virtual rides will transport you to the rugged terrains of gravel trails, offering an unmatched cycling experience from the comfort of your home. Get ready to pedal your way through breathtaking landscapes, conquer challenging terrain, and unleash your inner adventurer. Join us in this ultimate indoor cycling journey and elevate your fitness routine to new heights!

Whether you are in Gran Canaria with Mike Cotty or in Steamboat Colorado enjoying champagne gravel, these include tempo rides to bolster stamina and interval training sessions to boost aerobic and anaerobic capacity.

You have all month to complete these 4 workouts:

1. Gran Canaria: Lake Chira - NEW workout
  2. The Meaning of Ride (SBT GRVL) - NEW workout
  3. Boswell: Spikes
  4. Fursa

You can also load the training plan:

https://wahoosystm.com/CyclingWahooEventsWahooXJuneChallenge

Complete all four workouts in Wahoo SYSTM to earn the June Monthly Challenge badge! Please note, to earn your badge you must complete the indoor SYSTM version and have a valid Wahoo X subscription.

For More Information about the challenge:

1. Visit our webpage
  2. Challenge FAQ Page
16 Likes

Like the addition of TWO new rides.

4 Likes

I like the look of that badge, Sir @Rupert.H! Maybe I’ll even do this one (probably not but it’s possible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). That said, I’d have a hard time calling The Meaning of Ride, a 30 min “Inspiration” recovery paced ride a “NEW workout” .

5 Likes

Two zone 2 workouts? Not very challenging, and who wants to sit indoors doing z2 in summer? I only come to the turbo for structured interval workouts in summer.

2 Likes

Remembering not everyone experiences summer in June.

8 Likes

Yep. If I’m going to do a zone 2 ride in the summer I’m not going to do it outside when it’s 100+.

3 Likes

…Or anything else, really. :thinking:

2 Likes

True, and also I live in Britain so summer not really a thing, so silly thing for me to say really, but the preamble to the June Challenge says something about heading outdoors as summer begins.

2 Likes

And I stand corrected, one of the rides is a z1 ride. Seems at odds with the word ‘challenge.’

2 Likes

Awesome - nice to have a June challenge on tjr books. Thanks for this … especially with two being new too.

3 Likes

Sounds like a challenge to convince people to ride it. :smile:

3 Likes

And for some of us June means 40+ degrees. It’s predicted to be a HOT and DRY Summer here. We’re already hitting the 40 part and there’s been fire fatalities. Getting out on a bicycle and having to finish before 9 a.m. is no fun.

6 Likes

Hadn’t really considered that it might be too hot to go outside. I did spend a couple of months working in the Californian desert about ten years ago and above a certain temperature we weren’t allowed to exercise outdoors, so good point.

2 Likes

I was a bit surprised that Neal Henderson’s Gravel Grinder workout wasn’t included as part of the June challenge. I sure hope it’s exclusion is not in part due to the disbanding of and parting ways from the Sports Science division.

7 Likes

A z1…ride?

:man_facepalming:t2::grimacing::thinking:

1 Like

2 of them in fact… “thrilling” :wink:

That badge tho’ :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

A good warm up before Long Scream.

4 Likes

Think I would HAVE to do a Z1 on my trainer - would fall off my bike outside…

4 Likes

Rode up the mountain in Innsbruck today in high Zone 1. It was a brain beater, but I’m recovering from “something”. It feels like a long term case of food poisoning.

1 Like

OK challenge done. Now I can go have some fun.

5 Likes