What will happen with SYSTM / SUF after the last round of layoffs?

I doubt Wahoo would spend the time remastering beloved content, unless they had to - probably due to what @JGreengrass said, so keeping it around even for select people would likely be a no-go.

3 Likes

Blockquote

Ah… yeah… about that…
I will be in Tenerife that week…
So I will do it ON A REAL VOLCANO
Mount Teidi :grin: :volcano: :volcano: :volcano:

5 Likes

That would be the logical conclusion, that the original founders of Sufferfest buy it back.

1 Like

Best solution is to sell back to the previous owners for a very low price IF the company does not want to maintain it. That is best solution for the stakeholders (shareholder, employees, customers etc). Just the same way as Wahoo seems to have been sold back / refinanced to the previous owner. It depends if the previous owners want to run the Sufferfest again. They would know if it is viable or not.

3 Likes

see my previous comment. Sir David McQuillan was The Sufferfest.

2 Likes

Just a clarification: Not sure where that came from, but I never said I was returning to work on financial software anywhere.

20 Likes

We missed you Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS! Will you be joining us on the SUF National Day?

2 Likes

Can I ask if you would buy it back if offered? Or crowd fund a solution? Just thinking we need to be prepared incase a rescue is needed. Nick

Perhaps this comment is a good one to send to the marketing department. Getting funding for charitable activities based on the name Wahooligan must be difficult. I agree with the negative connotations of Wahooligan and hooligan. I come from the UK where it is the parasitical disease of football (soccer) and I couldn’t imagine anyone wanting their brand having any word association with the term hooligan. And no, its not just bias because I still see myself as a Sufferlandrian!! Also, their is honour in Suffering. I can’t see any honour or anything positive about Wahooliganning!! @Wahoo Marketing Department, we need a word!! I’m not sure what data/research/focus groups you used for Wahooligan, but my gut instincts tell me your wrong.

8 Likes

I guess what I read elsewhere was incorrect. My apologies for making that statement.

2 Likes

@David.McQuillen.KoS WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD

:face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears: :face_holding_back_tears:

8 Likes

Not to digress too far, but “I don’t think that’s Pete!”

2 Likes

I have, out of respect, deleted my erroneous post. What do know, and is public knowledge, is Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS is the founder of The Sufferfest, which was sold to Wahoo. I don’t know his intentions on buying it back and only he knows if he is or will do so in the future.

2 Likes

I am still a Sufferlandrian at heart …

For what is worth, this company even took out dark mode …

I did one Tour of Sufferlandria, would do another

2 Likes

Please shout if you ever want/need to talk about it. Nick

1 Like

For anyone worried Wahoo is short of cash, they’ve got big sponsorship at Ironman Barcelona, there is no way that is cheap so they can’t be doing too bad.

3 Likes

They are also advertising on Rouvy routes.

2 Likes

It’s probably related as Rouvy is tied in with IM as well.

Shocker – people were freaking out over nothing!

3 Likes

We are a passionate bunch.

4 Likes