What's your favorite new session in SYSTM?

On Location: Les Baronnies.

Stunning day they picked for that one… Mike is just amazing in this. Plus that wee cheeky bit at the end!!

More of this please.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

On Location - I have a couple left to do. I enjoyed all of them and agree on Les Baronnies.

I think there is a great opportunity to extend SYSTM to free riding. I’d love to ride these routes in level mode with profile/map showing progress.

6 Likes

I’ve been on a threshold block so only just got round to trying some new content and thought I’d try a week with Neal Henderson. I’ve spent a LOT of time in and around Boulder over the years with work and would sometimes rent a bike from Ubikes and head out.

Haven’t been back since lockdown so it was great to follow Neal on his commute and see a lot of familiar sights - glad to see Illegal Petes is still going strong.

Did Gravel Grinder last night to finish the series and I now have a burning urge to get back out there and buy the gravel bike I’ve been promising myself for so long. Icing the legs in Boulder Creek while drinking a coke and eating a burrito - genius!

3 Likes

Rabbit Mountain is my new favorite session. You end it feeling comfortable but knowing you increased fitness. Also was great to see Coach Neal’s bike stable. More fuel to justify that I can purchase a few more bikes and still tell the significant other, “I know people with 3 times as many bikes as me!”

1 Like

…which suggests that the old adage that the right number of bikes is n+1 has moved to 3n

The Shovel! Yes, that’s right, because it feels like a new achievable workout. It was my nemesis before the blip (that’s the scientific term for @Coach.Neal.H’s momentary lapse of kindness). It now only requires one suitcase of courage instead of an entire railcar.

3 Likes

**I LOV THE SYSTM!! So my workout calendar called for “Blender” but after a weekend of barley sandwiches and the arrival of the first snow, I was not in the mood. So I thought I’d take it ‘easy’ with an OL session. Sunshine, and blue skies in Provence?? Just what the Dr ordered. It was however, anything but easy. Great workout @michael.cotty “The scenery is making me breathless!” (what’s my excuse?) LOV the new content…“Blender” postponed! Suffering to resume anon. Look forwrd to exploring all the new content.

4 Likes

Just - nearly - completed Rabbit Mountain. Thought the content was superb and the ride along with Neal format a really refreshing change. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bang on that one!! Chapeau.

5 Likes

Lac de Cap de Long is my favourite new one.

On Location in general is great. Such a good concept. It’s no ride in the park and you can blow up on it, but it’s less full on than the sufferfest ones. I hope we get to see more of this.

Within the inspiration ones, Half the Road is a good one to watch. It’s upsetting in a way, but good to be shared. We’re now 8 years on and it doesn’t seem we’ve made a lot of headway. Most of the others are a lot more light-hearted and great to watch for recovery rides or just get mileage in.

I’ve put both Weeks with in my calendar. Really looking forward to that. Hopefully we get some more of those too. I’d love to see a week with a pro racer like Lucinda Brand or Marianne Vos or so.

So far, it’s the week with Sir Ian. As I wrote in another thread, it’s like spending a week cycling in Vermont with a relative who happens to be a pro rider.

@TrapMeSuf I share favorites: Lac de Cap de Long and Half the Road. I just saw Half the Road yesterday. Really interesting and depressing.

1 Like

Welcome to the dance Sir :facepunch:

2 Likes