2017 Tour of Sufferlandria Revival is on the calendar

now for THIS, I can join you :wink:

Way to keep it going Sir Stuart @Critmark. Did the R+RIE+HIE trio live up to its infamy?

2 Likes

I’ve had a poor night’s sleep and my legs are still very noticeably sore. Coincidence, I think not. :weary:

3 Likes

I did my prescribed hurtadoing this morning.

I kept pushing thru Mt Sufferlandria telling myself that Mt Apocalypse was * only * 8 minutes. But man, those recoveries are awfully short.

The final 40 minute Thin Air climb was hard and my legs were sooo tired. I really don’t know how I made it thru the Fireball section around the halfway point with my cadence dropping. But I somehow barely squeezed through.

And then the last 4 minutes, now matter how tired I am, as soon as that last song kicks in I get an energy boost and my cadence jumps 10+ rpm’s and I smashed it.

I had pancakes and sausage and hash browns for breakfast. Just went for a 2 mile walk with my daughter. Now I need a long nap. :sleeping:

3 Likes

It looks like Stage 9 will have to wait until tomorrow. I have all day tomorrow to get this done within my 50 hour window. I started it tonight but shut it down just 10 minutes into the warm up. I knew there was no way I had the legs for two and a half hours tonight. So Sunday it is.

3 Likes

I am sitting here without electricity. Sadly fairly common in the third world of California. At least my phone works. They are saying restoration anywhere between 6:30PM and 1:00AM. If it’s on the sooner end of that range, I can get my ride in. If not, the whole tour goes out the window. UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!

2 Likes

It does NOT go out the window. The minions are well known in having to deal with tech glitches and such and have also been known to manipulate time. I’m pretty confident that the spirit of the challenge will be successful even if the letter of it hasn’t been.

3 Likes

Well the Sufferlandrian Gods were with me. The electricity was restored earlier than expected and I was riding 15 minutes later. Came across the finish line 2.9 miles farther my previous best. Feeling pretty good about that after having to bail yesterday.

Tally for the Tour: +42 TSS and +0.27 IF above 100%.

Does anyone want to guess what October 7th is??? :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks for this Sir Glen!

2 Likes

Who dares the rookie to guess what’s on this day? :wink:

2 Likes

Obviously this means you, Sir Glen, are all in and doing this event:

2 Likes