A Week with Neal Henderson

Wow, that’s taken a while. Good to see you’re on recovery mode. I’m dreading the break in training - I’ll probably get withdrawal symptoms from my cycling addiction.

I wanted to do the week with Ian starting the 17th and I’ve got FF planned for the 30th just before starting a 12 week Hilly Grand Fondo plan, but I’ll follow this guidance first and see where we stand after that:

Coming Back From Getting Sick: A Coach’s Perspective

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been following that advice and also found the info from the BMJ in this thread very useful.
Back to physical activity after Covid19 infection

Effectively a 2 week break, so not too bad in the scheme of things.

I did a session on the day that symptoms were starting to show which, with hindsight, wasn’t the best decision.

1 Like

I followed similar.

I tested positive 10 days before Christmas a whilst it was nothing more than a very mild cold for 2 days, 5 mins of coughing and then basically nothing I was very careful in getting back to things. This thing seems rather unpredictable so didnt want to tempt fate. It coincided with a Christmas-enforced break so I got a good rest though I am now feeeling undertrained and a HM yesterday confirmed as such.

Better to be safe than sorry though. You can’t train at all if you’re in a hospital bed.

3 Likes

b05cf52c576b49c4b017b479cddfb765

First ride on new numbers post-FF. Thanks @Coach.Neal.H. :cry:

:x: :rabbit2: :mountain:

6 Likes

Wait until you get to the velodrome…

2 Likes

Mijn taak is vervuld. (yay Belgian Classics season!)

Thanks @Coach.Neal.H.

:wink:

2 Likes

Cheers Ian!

Holy cow. I just did rabbit mtn in level mode & it wrecked me :laughing:
I did it once before and left the note „probably more fun in level mode“. I‘m not sure „fun“ is the right word.
The final two sets were extremely challenging, settling into the lower, but still not easy, efforts. I found myself doing more of a 1-on-1-off effort, rather than maintaining close to threshold, exceeding it, then settling back to it.
Glad I tried this, but likely will return to erg for my next time.

6 Likes