Blender first time

Week 2 of my training plan ended with an intro to the Blender workout. Ouch. I completed it but skipped one 40x20 interval, did two of the time trial intervals at 3min vs 4 and stopped pedaling for recovery intervals. (The relative effort on Strava was 155 so I don’t feel like I was slacking. :wink:) What was the first time like for you?

2 Likes

My first time trying Blender back in 2020, resulted in me pausing halfway through the third set of pain shakes and skipping to the cool down. I had only been in Sufferlandria for about three months at the time and it really felt like I’d been defeated. About six months later I tried again and got through it by backing down to about 80% during that last set of pain shakes and for the rest of the routine. Since then I’ve managed to do it at 100% four more times, but it’s still one of the toughest!

3 Likes

Does this tell you how it was? All those lines dropping below the target power showed what a mess it was, I had zero stamina. :joy:

But I love seeing that, because then I can compare it to 2 years later (having done it 4 times in between, but one of those I bailed on with 30 minutes to go)

8 Likes

Great progress! Thanks for sharing that. Here’s mine. Our numbers are pretty close except for cadence, since I coasted on the recovery intervals.

“True Confessions of a Blender Virgin” coming this fall on Netflicks! :rofl:

4 Likes

First attempt, needed a couple of breathers, but otherwise not too bad.:sunglasses:

Second attempt ……… and promptly brought crashing back down to earth! :hot_face::hot_face:
A recent half monty saw a big jump in my numbers from a previous FF.
Bailed on the first set of pain shakes and skipped the rest completely.

Welcome to the Sufferfest! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Based on those dates it looks like you need a new visit to Blender. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thought I’d done it fairly recently, but last done March 22 :flushed:

Had been planning Tool Shed as a wee warm up before National SUF day but it looks like it’s got to be Blender :joy:

2 Likes