Long term Yoga plan?

I must be missing the obvious, but I am looking for a some long term Yoga plan, no idea how to achive that now in system. (something like 12 weeks?)

1 Like

I don’t think there are any twelve week yoga plans. All of the existing plans are four weeks long. There have been requests every now and then to add some variety to these yoga plans, both in terms of getting some more focus on specific areas, as well as longer plans.

I load up a couple of the four week plans at a time, and pick the one I feel like doing on the day.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Henk-Jan_Kloosterman ! Like Sir @way9e0 says, the short answer is no. Also, scheduling individual session from the library is a bit of a pain too if you are looking to set up a lot of them.

I hope that one day there will be significant improvements in scheduling workouts in SYSTM. For example, I’d love to be able to copy and paste a day or a week or a month of activities.

2 Likes

Try the cross-training tab. There you can select yoga only and you can use the skill level progressively or number of sessions per week, to create blocks to get you to 12 weeks or therabouts. Start with enthusiast 4sessions, then 7; and then move to expert 4 sessions per week, for example.

6 Likes

This is a completed long term yoga plan :wink: @abicarver

13 Likes

Oh wow!! That takes serious discipline. I hope you’re feeling good. What’s the next plan?

5 Likes

This daily morning yoga routine helps me start my work or training day. I must admit that there were days when I didn’t feel like it, but after yoga my mood always improved. I’m going to continue my practice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s fantastic! I think you just summed up my life philosophy! Decide what you want to do to get you where you want to be and do it even when you don’t feel like it! And yoga, like all exercise is great because no matter how you feel at the time, you always feel way better after!

8 Likes

As much as I love to hate you :wink: :wink: I can’t argue with you here. That is except screaming toe pose…I NEVER feel better after screaming toe pose.

Waitaminnit… as I wrote that and re-read it, I ALWAYS feel better AFTER screaming toe pose so…

7 Likes

QED! Ice baths, long runs, epic rides, screaming toe pose. No-one ever feels like doing them!

6 Likes

Especially screaming toe! Three broken toes makes it difficult. But the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

3 Likes

With enough practice my toes stopped screaming completely, and my chronic plantar fasciitis has not been bothersome since I stopped complaining and learned to love the pose. Which makes sense, since it’s the same exercise that PTs have recommended for at least 20 years. Only with the volume cranked up all the way.

But I do remember how much fun Screaming Toe was with a broken toe after I ran into one of the legs of my trainer. Doing the pose in that state just once motivated me to put glow-in-the-dark tape stripes on my trainer legs the same day. I’m pretty sure nobody is using their KICKR Bike as a central part of their decor, and there’s no way it’s inconspicuous in any room, so why not have day-glo yellow legs since most mats I’ve seen are black to hide grease and sweat.

4 Likes

I read all the way through that section thinking you ran into a leg of a human who was your personal trainer. Lol

1 Like

What is “screaming toe pose”? What workout is it in and why should one do it?

Screaming Goat GIF - Screaming Goat Montage - Discover ...

3 Likes

Screaming goat pose

3 Likes

@Mecons Foot and Ankle Recovery has that one and you can see the pose in the workout photo. It looks fairly benign in the photo but don’t let that fool you. I believe it is in two other videos in the library as well. Basically it helps with foot and ankle flexibility.

3 Likes

@Mecons , Screaming Toe Pose is also in “Mobilize The Joints”.

4 Likes

OK. Thanks to all who posted. I will try it tonight.

2 Likes

Best of luck :scream_cat: :foot: