đŸŽș NEW PRORIDE: On-board in the Mont Ventoux DĂ©nivelĂ© Challenge! đŸŽș

Also picked up some Rapha shoe covers - like the Belgian bootie kind. Between those, leggings and arm covers, and additional top layers, curious to see how far out I can push my riding season w the gravel bike.

:cold_face:

1 Like

There are local cycling peeps who do not let ANY weather stop them from outdoor cycling. From commuters (with studded tires for ice) to fat biking (with electric mitts, boots and jackets)

That’s a bit much for me. Wiping out on an icy patch as a truck was crossing my path on a commute (pre-retirement) ended any desire for me to ride sub-zero weather.

3 Likes

Really great workout. :heart_eyes: The ending is really brutal. :hot_face: I hope Clara Koppenberg comes back strong from her injury!

Who “plays” directeur sportif in the Pro Ride videos? Kudos to him, he really motivates me a lot.

6 Likes

That’s Sir @Francois-Wahoo !

13 Likes

I did it. It was awesome! I doubted my ability to finish, especially as the last portion slowly crept into view. But I used some positive self talk, trusted the science and made it, barely
 (it may have helped that I am at the end of a training period and re-testing soon, so my really numbers may be higher
)

Kudos to Clara, what an effort! Thank you for another awesome pro ride!

7 Likes

The very BEST place to be. Where all the fun happens.

:smirk:

2 Likes

I alway try to pick a new, fun indoor training ride for New Year’s Day, I think this hits the bullseye. Looking forward to kicking off 2023 properly!

6 Likes

That sounds like a good plan. I like to do a fun ride new year’s eve - though this year my plan is to have completed all my badges, with The Kitchen Sink as the last remaining ride for 12/31.

Maybe poorly thought out, but I’ve needed an occasion of some sort to compel myself to tackle TKS.

:grimacing: :wink:

10 Likes

HM test results are in, MAP +7%, FTP + 3%. And now I meet my old friend misery

8 Likes

Pretty sure that ‘hammer’ is substantially longer than 12 minutes though :hammer:

Awesome workout and can’t wait to ride Ventoux again.

2 Likes

I did Kitchen Sink for the first time on 1/1 this year after putting it off multiple times.
I really wasn’t expecting it but being a compilation of some brilliant bits of 10+ Sufferfests, the 3 hours goes really quickly and was an enormous amount of fun.

So much so that I’ve done it twice since and unless I come up with a better idea, will probably do it again this 1/1 as a new year treat.

5 Likes

I think this ride may be my new favourite. An awesome feast of suffering. I have to give a big kudos for this content coming out as the weather turns to yuck! I ended up doing it on my rollers because my died trainer died part way through. :scream:

4 Likes

Are you a bear?

6 Likes

Close, he’s Canadian :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Hehe.

I’m currently heavier than some black bears, which are what we mostly see around these parts. Hoping to change that this winter dodging laser goats and donuts.

7 Likes

says the furry, small flightless bird. :smirk:

6 Likes

I’ll have you know I claim South African citizenship too. I’m more like a crested barbet
look like I’ve been dragged thru a hedge backwards and am bright and chirpy at the crack of dawn :rofl:

7 Likes

I’m a big bird fan, but that’s a new one for a northern hemisphere guy.

OMG I love them so much! :wink:

6 Likes

They are awesome. Their call is described as a “muffled alarm clock” but I can confirm it is not muffled!

6 Likes

Your family must love waking up to your chirping.

2 Likes