đŸŽș NEW PRORIDE: On-board in the Mont Ventoux DĂ©nivelĂ© Challenge! đŸŽș

@DameLisa They look like the punk rock cousin of our northern cardinal
 :joy:

Based on appearance and structure, I would’ve absolutely guessed they were passerines and related at some point. But Barbets are piciforms, so cousins to woodpeckers and toucans. Learn something new every day!

#birdnerd
:bird: :nerd_face:

5 Likes

whenever I see a bird I just think: please don’t poop on my head :pray:

1 Like

or worse.

823caa42-66de-46a7-8c9e-97235c245ca2

3 Likes

I mean, @#$% Australia! Does ALL of nature want you guys dead?

hpAXPwHNYUBHfvwSBd2ECf-1200-80

3 Likes

Hahahaha I KNEW what was incoming before your next photos :rofl: We get those here too. Not a fan

2 Likes

Ha! So my question for our friends Down Under - since I first saw these vids come out - those are just magpies, right? Cause we have magpies here, too, but they’re generally not murderous psychopaths

:thinking:

1 Like

Yeah but our magpies to your magpies are like our possums to your opossums :rofl:

I believe GvA’s bird representation is probably a Magpie.

Disclaimer: the scene below is a re-enactment.

images (11)

8 Likes

Gross. I think that would be classified as “bad suffering”: to be avoided if at all possible.

2 Likes

I’m gonna add that to my top-tube note:

Remain upright, keep eyes in skull.

4 Likes

Words to live by.

3 Likes

Well
 That thread degenerated quickly.

5 Likes

It’s those Aussies and Kiwis, man. Bad influence on the rest of us.

:smirk:

4 Likes

Pretty sure it was the Yanks that started it Sir @CPT_A

2 Likes

Hey I just liked @DameLisa’s crazy down-under bird.

:joy:

1 Like

I guess it was technically @AkaPete who asked if I was a bear (which for the record I almost always read as beer, cuz I’m Canadian eh!)

Also for the record, I am wearing a toque (while indoors) while typing this.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Canadian beer humor. I usually use a bottle opener because my eyes aren’t always good enough to tell if the cap is twist off or not (and it is quite painful to try twisting off a pop cap—you only do that once).

2 Likes

@AkaPete If it’s twist-off you’re already wrong.

#beernerd
:wink::beers:

3 Likes

Yeah. But there’s no accounting for friends’ taste.

2 Likes

Sadly true.

1 Like

As much as this detour has been amusing, I did the ride last night. I think I am going to have to reconsider my opinion that Hammer Climb 1 is the toughest ProRide. While this ride has a lower IF & TSS, it’s that last 20 minute block climb that made this a nasty ride.

If you haven’t done this yet, and since you love suffering as we all do here, give it a go. It was so much, uh no
not fun, uh no
challenging doesn’t do it justice, uh
the hell with it, just do the damn ride.

10 Likes