Official Thread: Norway is Live -- what do you think?

Listened to a podcast … you missed the entire point of the workout … when yo do stage 5 no podcast … listen to the race and be in it …

2 Likes

I could not wait and have already “trained” with this video… Great implementation with a motivated athletic director and drinking recommendations . I find just as well done as the video Team Stream

I really like the immersive experience.
The only thing that bothered me a bit is that Sep Vanmarcke was introduced as being a Dutch rider, while he is in fact Belgian.

Also: his name was spelled as ‘Sep Vanmaerck’ while it is ‘Sep Vanmarcke’

1 Like

Very nice video! For me it is complementary to the structured work-outs and brings a nice variation. Instead of a 1hr outside ride, this is a more effective way to have a good training.
In that way, I do like the fact there is no soundtrack, but the original sounds of the Go Pro.
Curious to see other alike video’s (e.g. final of
The tour of Flanders) in the future.

3 Likes

Did it last night - cracking and sophisticated session that was really immersive - I totally bought into the storyline that kept me engaged. Didn’t miss lack of music track and it was good not to fuss about cadence & heartrate but … I do like the usual sound effect cues for changing up and down power. There are so many changes in Norway that when you’re really suffering and your head is down, sometimes that little prod helps you stay with it … but otherwise, top stuff with an absolutely superb finish.

3 Likes

The problem we found with those sound effects is that for the 2 or 3 times where you need them on the ride to keep you alerted, there will be about 200 or 300 times they will come on that will really really annoy you (trust me on that one! :stuck_out_tongue: )
I guess like in all real life racing, the key is to keep your head up as to what is happening around you so you can react in a timely manner. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh man… I can’t believe this. Still can’t work out how that got in there unnoticed. Really sorry. Will fix! Please don’t tell Sep…

4 Likes

Oh yes, please please don’t bring the sound effect cues back for this one!

1 Like

My lips are sealed :wink:

2 Likes

With this video, I think that we may be looking at the future of The Sufferfest and that’s good news as far as I’m concerned. I found the first-person race format with ‘real-world’ power, to be highly engaging and much more immersive than standard videos. I didn’t miss the music at all. The only thing I would change for the next video, would be to have just a few more shots from different camera angles, e.g. to get a better sense of the peloton bearing down on the breakaway. Overall, a resounding success. Great job guys!

4 Likes

Question for those who’ve tried Norway: How is it in terms of intensity?
I’m doing the ToS for the first time, on the Get-Me-Through-It option with some reduced intensity, which (based on Stage 1 today) feels like a good sweet spot for sustainable suffering.
But I’m considering doing Norway at 100% intensity to get the full experience. It looks awesome.
Good idea? Or am I going to slay myself with two hard stages still to go?

3 Likes

It’s a step down from Team Scream. It’s not an all out time trial, so you do get a little more recovery, tho you are in the break or at the head of the peloton so the effort is there for most of it. And there are some hills and sprinting out of corners to tax your MAP as well as your FTP. But you’re not on the rivet the entire time.

2 Likes

It’s a blast - loved it. Super engaging, super fun. Quite similar in feel to Team Scream because of it. Like others - I really enjoy the bike cam perspective.

@jembradshaw I tried it on tired legs, and it was intense, but doable. There’s enough up and down that you do get sort of recovery. On fresh legs you’d be able to smash it. If you’ve just done a new full frontal or half monty… maybe not.

What I’m wondering is… what are the secret numbers that they were putting out? I would love to know what their Full Frontal numbers were! (yeah maybe I’m just a bit jealous!!).

Congrats to the video & content minions this was a really fun addition to an already great stable.

2 Likes

about the secret numbers they were putting out:
1- you don’t want to know (it will make you cry)
2- we can’t tell you anyway (it’s in the contract)

14 Likes

BTW, how many are ‘suffering’ in this year’s tour?

1 Like

Any questions I had about this video going in (which were few) were erased as soon as I saw Remco Evenepoel in the break. :+1: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Jeg har sykkla noen få mil der, jeg og. Selv om været kan bli skuffende, det er jo ypperlig, likevel!

3 Likes

I may give this a thrutch!

Using the opportunity to pitch this here as well, in case people have not seen it :slight_smile:
Of course open for the possibility that nobody wants to see me suffer into a size S to add to the general suffering too :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You, Sir, are absolutely right. Did it today and it was utterly amazing.
Great, great addition to the existing library. Thank you!

Beforehand, I couldn’t picture me doing the whole hour without a soundtrack. Even had a safety playlist loaded up. Took me until midway point of the workout to even notice there is no music. I loved it.

5 Likes