Ramp test before TOS

Doing TOS prep but feel I should do Ramp test before start of TOS. What day should I do it on? Not ideal but feel my numbers may be inaccurate. Thx

2 Likes

If ever there were a time for your numbers to be inaccurate, pre-ToS would be that time.

:wink:

6 Likes

Every day, obvs :smiling_imp:

Seriously though, you could probably just substitute one of the rides in your plan with the Half Monty. It’s not overly taxing.

4 Likes

Since the Tour starts on a Saturday, I would recommend no later than Wednesday. You want a day or two to recover and get ready for the beating you are about to give yourself.

3 Likes

Next year’s TOS

Stage 1: Full Frontal
Stage 2: Half Monty
Stage 3: Full Frontal + Igniter (AFTER FF!)
Stage 4: Half Monty + G.O.A.T.
Stage 5: Nine Hammers + Half Monty
Stage 6: Half Monty + Full Frontal
Stage 7: Full Frontal + Half Monty + Full Frontal

You’re welcome.

7 Likes

@emacdoug you’re as bad as Sir @Glen.Coutts …

are-you

4 Likes

ever seen us together? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Reverse Full Frontal.

8 Likes

Nice!!

Edit: now of course you have to test this @CPT_A and report back with your results.

2 Likes

@CPT_A Brilliant! I can’t wait to hear back on the results of your testing. :smiley:

I know I haven’t. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve got one penciled in for the Thursday of that week, but I’m not typically considered a good example to follow :joy:

2 Likes

The full rump? Since we’re cyclists that should be our “better side” right? :peach:

:thinking:

An interesting technical question if nothing else.

1 Like

Pretty sure this is how GvA invents workouts.

Below is how I’d guess GvA’s thought processes would work in giving Sufferlandria Reverse Full Frontal.

• Let’s completely destroy them for 1 minute. It’s only a minute they always say. They say “ I can do anything for a minute”. Fools.

• Right, now then, let’s take any hope they may have had for a fun time and stomp that out painfully slowly, knowing that they’ll likely give up before it’s done or reduce the intensity, :smiling_imp:

• Then, IF they’re still pedalling, I’ll give them a 5 minute effort that will make the previous 20 minute effort look like a stroll at the base of their Personal Big Mountain (:rofl::rofl::rofl:). I’ll give them a Personal Big Mountain. Pfffft!!

• Wow, they are a hearty bunch. Fine, make em give it the beans for an ALL OUT Sprint. What, they did it, alrighty then, bonus Sprint then. What did they expect, kittens?!

• When all is said and done, we will take a look at them in the laboratory under the microscope to see if there’s even a shred of hope for survival should they EVER think to do this again.

evil laugh

5 Likes

Spot on. Spoken like GvA himself. :thinking:

2 Likes

Come to think of it, @Glen.Coutts, never seen you and Didi together either…

3 Likes

So @Glen.Coutts <> GvA?

But then quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oh. Abi. I see. Right.
Now everything becomes painfully clear (pun very much intended).

2 Likes

Abi could be the Kevin Bacon of Sufferlandria.

2 Likes

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur?

1 Like

The Latin stuff I can work around but can you help me with the Kevin Bacon reference?