RGT Workload to Garmin Connect?

Last year we got the ability to fuel the workload on the Garmin Connect with Sufferfest / SYSTM . RGT was left out of that update, is it possible now to include the training-workload of RGT into the Garmin Connect?

12 Likes

Not yet and hopefully soon as it is quite annoying.

4 Likes

You can email the .fit file from RGT to your registered email address, then import that manually into Garmin Connect. It’s a pain, and I’m hoping Wahoo will sort this out soon.

3 Likes

Agreed, it would be great if RGT rides counted towards Load and Training Status. The Garmin Connect data is pretty worthless to me without including RGT.

4 Likes

Hi There
Any update on the RGT system developers to link it with Garmin connect to upload your workout? Any info will be helpful. Would like to see it in a new update.

3 Likes

Hi all…

Nudging this up a bit… with the indoor season rapidly coming up (or already here ARL folks)… can we get any update on incorporating RGT rides/workloads into Garmin Connect? Helps with their training load metrics and measurements.

3 Likes

I also vote for RGT to Garmin Connect integration, ability to upload RGT ride to Garmin Connect automatically would be helpful.

I would also appreciate if RGT rides contribute to Garmin Load and Garmin Traning Status just like the Systm workouts do. I suppose that this fuctionality must be arranged between Wahoo AND Garmin. And the question is whether Garmin wants to extend support for RGT platform (or any other platform in general).

3 Likes

hey folks,

any update on this one?

5 Likes

Please add this capability Wahoo, as it is very low hanging fruit which would greatly improve the Wahoo X experience for many. Another one would be for my RGT up coming events to appear in my Systm calendar.

7 Likes

That works for the workout to upload for mileage, but doesn’t calculate workload (Training Status) through Garmin Connect (compatible device needed)

2 Likes

Echoing the need for this functionality. Please Wahoo&Garmin sit down and do your stuff as this little thing is a huge limiting factor of usability of both services.

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m a newbie to Wahoo X and was surprised that whilst it’s possible to automatically upload activities from Systm directly to Garmin Connect, this is not an option with RGT. I don’t understand why this would not be a reasonably straightforward quick ‘win’ for Wahoo.

2 Likes

Totally agree. If RGT want to be a real competitor to Zwift, linking to Garmin Connect is a sine qua non. I just switched and was very disappointed not be able to reckon my weekly intensive minutes. The .fit file generated by RGT does not contain them. Besides Wahoo Systm does it.

2 Likes

Wahoo and Garmin and competitors so can’t see this compatibility any time soon. I agree, it would be ideal to auto upload and it’s a real negative aspect of RGT… Hopefully I’m wrong!!

2 Likes

Another vote here for RGT capability to upload to Garmin Connect. I also use Zwift and Rouvy and both will upload to Connect. Time for Wahoo to get aboard.

2 Likes

You can say the same thing about Zwift being a competitor of Garmin . Also, even though Saris does not own Rouvy there is a strong affiliation between the two. Both Zwift and Rouvy will auto upload to Garmin Connect. So the competition issue does not seem to come into play for these companies.

1 Like

There may well be a licensing issue at the heart of this, as it’s Garmin that controls which software can import. I think there’s only 3-4 apps that can both import and get training status updated.
Wahoo either haven’t managed to agree with Garmin on adding RGT, out they haven’t had the discussions.

2 Likes

Yes it’s really strange that it’s not possible

1 Like

Just nudging this up… Right now my workaround is to start a ride both in RGT and on Garmin Edge simultaneously, to have my training saved in Garmin Connect.

2 Likes

Nudging up too.

I know running a Garmin device in parallel would work but I wonder if also another roundabout way to get it into the Garmin ecosystem’s Training Load might be to extract the Garmin device designators from a old .TCX file and grafting it into a Strava export .TCX in place of the Strava designators?

I might have to give this a try. If it works I might write a little code to do it - still a PITA to export and import though…

2 Likes