RGT Workload to Garmin Connect?

If its a Garmin issue why does it work for System?
Surely your devs can contact Garmin and ask them to add it.

So the RGT support team just need to contact Garmin support?

I don’t work for Wahoo. My knowledge is based on what other companies have said publicly, and what I have seen from Garmin themselves.

Garmin isn’t allowing new apps to upload to them. SYSTM predates that. Wahoo likely risks violating the original agreement if they use that to upload RGT and other things. If they do, then Garmin could cut it fully off and SYSTM wouldn’t be able to either.

Garmin doesn’t have to add anything or fix anything. They have to allow Wahoo to upload. That’s it.

2 Likes

So can someone from Wahoo respond to what has been a long running feature request?
Probably better than us all just guessing at what the issue is.

Wahoo can do absolutely nothing about it, it is not a feature request. Wahoo allows RGT files to be shared outwards, Garmin just doesn’taccept them. And Garmin simply chooses not to allow RGT uploads to be included in load calcs if you upload them manually, unless you alter the file to sneak it in surreptitiously. It is not like Wahoo just needs to ask nicely or pay a sub fee for this. It’s Garmin you need to chase. And given they have some of the worst CS in the industry…and that they see RGT as a competitor Sim app to their own and the Tacx app, the likelihood of them allowing RGT is probably close to zero.

3 Likes

They’ve done that I believe. Garmin said…nope

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming, this is literally all anyone has been asking on this thread for over a year and is was never actually answered by anyone from the team.
This is a feature request thread, if it cannot be done just explain to people the reason why from an authoritative source and then they can make a decision about what to do from there.
Thanks again for finally closing this off and actually answering the question.

Again, thanks for confirming. Nobody from Wahoo has bothered to respond to this request and tell anyone what is going on.
This is either something they can request and have or it’s outside of their control and we need to request it from Garmin.
Either way, just responding to this thread would close this off for everyone rather than people just giving their uninformed opinion.

Been away from the forums for a while and just seen this.

I just get my garmin to record the workout on the ant+ and RGT uses the Bluetooth.

1 Like

Thanks, I get there is a work around, I use it, it’s a pain to do it every time. Especially since you don’t have to with SYSTM. If you read the start of this it’s an enhancement request.
@wahoo can you do anything about it? If not just close this off to stop everyone going round in circles. You either can do something and don’t want to or can’t, either way just tell us.

1 Like

As it has been said, several times, this isn’t a Wahoo problem, it’s a Garmin one and they aren’t going to do anything to fix it. It kinda like flogging a very dead horse. It isn’t going anywhere.

1 Like

Thanks, literally all I want to know.