RGT Workload to Garmin Connect?

Yeah. I empty my spam multiple times a day. Nothing there from RGT, unfortunately.

Minions!
With Stravaā€™s price increase I am now only using Garmin Connect to upload rides. I am also currently shopping for a training platform and would have signed back up with Wahoo EXCEPT for the fact that RGT doesnā€™t play nice with Garmin Connect.

I actually prefer your product to TR & Zwift, but will likely sign up for TR or Zwift due to the integration issue. I canā€™t be the only one for whom this is a deciding factor. Hopefully it gets sorted soon and you can start getting more folks who dumped Strava onto your platform

1 Like

I donā€™t know what my problem was, but Iā€™m now getting my emails from RGT with my ride files. Has worked the past 3 weekends, so Iā€™ve been able to download my fit file and upload them to Garmin Connect.

Would really be preferably if I could just do it either automatically thru RGT or even with a direct upload from SYSTM since the RGT rides show up in our SYSTM calendars.

2 Likes

From the IndieVelo app in the Hub ā€œconnected appsā€ option:
ā€œGarmin are not currently accepting new connections to automatically upload FIT files to Garmin Connectā€
So this may well not be Wahooā€™s fault.
I agree it is annoying though.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been uploading my RGT rides to Garmin manually for ages but it never accounts for them in its anystics. Has that changed recently?

Is this one of those situations where you need to upload it, turn on your head unit and let it process the upload and then refresh the app and itā€™ll do the analysis deal? I know when I upload systm or zwift rides I have to let the ride upload into Garmin connect on my phone, then have my phone sync to the headunit and then the headunit will tell my phone to tell me that Iā€™m unproductive. Occasionally Iā€™ll get a maintaining, but usually itā€™s unproductive.

1 Like

It hasnā€™t changed. From what I can tell Garmin looks at the device/software information in the FIT file and if it is on a specific allowed list then it calculates and includes it in training status. Amusingly you can modify the FIT file using FIT File Tools Device Changer changing it to a Garmin device, upload it in Garmin Connect manually, and itā€™ll calculate and include.

To touch on the IndieVelo app comment - support for this is a two way street. We can all want Wahoo to do this, but Garmin has to allow it. If Garmin doesnā€™t then thereā€™s nothing Wahoo can do. Garmin is the gatekeeper, and as of right now donā€™t appear to be allowing anyone else. They want you on Garmin devices, and a select set of software.

4 Likes

Sort of except RGT remains excluded from analytics and it will not process the file on your head unit. See post above this.

2 Likes

The easiest way around these limitations with RGT and Garmin Connect is to dual record the ride. I bluetooth my trainer to the RGT app, and at the same time record the workout on my Tactix 7 watch pairing through Ant+. This ensures I get all the Garmin Connect analytics applied to the ride, including the Training Effect.

2 Likes

Yes. Let the apps fight it out between themselves :grinning:

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ve learned something new today. I didnā€™t know there was an exclusion list, might explain a couple odd things that I just chalked up ā€œeh technologyā€.

3 Likes

Two apps in! One app out!

2 Likes

Iā€™m liking the idea of a duel hahahaha. I do dual record buy it is a PITA

1 Like

I also dual record using my Garmin FR920XT watch (old but rock solid).

Which part of dual recording do you find a PITA? Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m not really into all the Connect analytics and I just use the watch to ensure the riding activities are included in the Garmin monthly challenges.

The remembering to do it part :rofl:

3 Likes

Funny part is that you need power. Thus you need to edit the file changing the device if you are riding with virtual power.

Is there any update on this?
The inconsistencies between RGT and SYTEM are getting more than a little bit irritating. Itā€™s either one technology platform or it isnā€™t. Please just bring it into on app that has identical integration with third parties.

No change. To be totally blunt, I would never expect it to happen unless Garmin changes their philosophy on allowing apps.

1 Like

Concurrā€¦it is 100% a Garmin issue. They need ti allow the upload. Everything on the RGT side used to work, then Garmin made a tweak to drop some apps

2 Likes

Itā€™s interesting that Garmin wirkd fantastic wirh Garmin. Itā€™s time we get Garmin to fix RGT.