Riding outside photos

I couldn’t agree more:

7 Likes

Thinking about doing this upcoming fundraiser. @AlexEllermann are you riding this?

Unfortunately, I have to work that day. It looks like a great event.

1 Like

A few from day 1 of a recent trip to the Pyrenees.

Stunning gravel route up the Col du Tourmalet and then the Pic du midi de Bigorre.

Luckily the lazer goats were having a day off.

24 Likes

:no_entry_sign: :no_bicycles:

12 Likes

It’s not always carbon and lycra…

17 Likes

Holy **** if he turns round and sees that goat he’s gonna freak out!

1 Like

and 75 free watts for me! :rofl:

3 Likes

Fabulous suffering ride Thursday, with mild November weather, and a few leaves remaining with color. Climbed from near Buchanan, VA, up Pico Road and up Rt43 to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and then up past Peaks of Otter, another 9 miles, and climbed to Apple Orchard Mountain on the very steep “private” access road to the old Bedford Air Force Station “BALL,” elevation above 4200 feet. Headed back on the BRP again, and went beyond 43, with more climbs and descends, till I got back down to Mountain Pass Rd, which runs underneath the BRP, connecting to it via footpath. Mountain Pass was shorter back to my starting point but has some NASTY little climbs on a tight, super-twisty road that happened to be a little busy because it was the end of the day work folks coming home. My legs were toast by then, and that short finishing section added yet another 1000’ on top of the 6,000+ already in my legs, ending the day with 71 miles and over 7,000’. Winds were mild and temps were a perfect low 60’s (F) and I never added to my summer clothing till I started the long descents on the BRP, when I put on some light arm warmers, which were too much every time I hit another climb.

This was the air station long ago, with THREE of the giant “soccer balls” used for radar in those days.

18 Likes

MTB ride last suday

10 Likes

13 Likes

Lead riding our Annual Turkey Trot. Homes did BOTH the 5k and 10k, which makes him the first dog ever to earn an Iron Turkey medal! Great times, smiling faces!

12 Likes

Sunday Ride on the Großglockner high alpin road.
Had to stop at 2350m because of strong wind and ice on the road, but with the sun shining and closed road it was just epic.
Next year the top (Edelweißspitze 2571m) will be conquered.

14 Likes

Ready to roll out for our first ride of the week with The Cycling House in Tuscany! thecyclinghouse.com

7 Likes

Something to think about is I personally know the people who run this company. Great people and there’s some tragedy in there as well.

1 Like

Tuscany trip day two: Chiusdino

7 Likes

Our guide and host, Andrea Rossi photographing the group at one of the Strade Bianche signs for a gravel segment.

2 Likes

Show your fall ride photos! We went out with the gravel bikes today. The packed gravel turned into mud, deep puddles and rocks galore. No fotos of the trail as I was hanging on for dear life :roller_coaster:. Well deserved ice cream as a reward.

8 Likes

A couple from my last two weekends’ “junk” miles. What a joke of a concept that is!

11 Likes

Nice ! I was just thinking that looked a bit like Looe :smiley:

1 Like