Skip Primers and jump right in?

It’s Saturday morning. Stage one is showing 1 day and 19 hours left. Thinking about skipping Primers and just jumping right in.

Did anyone else do this?

THat’s what I’m doing so I can front load Days 1-4 and get Day 5 as a rest day!

1 Like

I had primers on the calendar and just skipped it and went straight in this morning and knocked out stage 1!! Just do it!

1 Like

You could skip Primers but that would likely wear out your legs. Personally I’d put the skipping rope away and jump right in. What’s the worst that can happen?

1 Like

I know. We had 12+ inches of blowing snow + sleet outside. Not like I’m going anywhere today. So why not?

1 Like

Primers earlier today. It ends the taper week so well, ready to crush it!

I’m in the bouncy castle. No turning back!!!

1 Like

Recharging station.

1 Like

Stage 1 complete.

2 Likes

I’m jealous. I was getting excited so moved Primers forward a day, to yesterday, with the plan to hit stage 1 when it opened. I felt rubbish during the session, which usually means I’m rested and ready to go. I even spent the evening and this morning over-loading on rusty nails as prep.

Then wild kids happened, not a single km ridden and it’s now Saturday evening and I’ve still not started. No time left today now and I’m bouncing off the walls.

I’m going to have to hit stage 1 tomorrow at 110% just to work off the excess calories and excitement. It also means 9H on a Monday. Hot damn.

2 Likes

I did Recharger and felt fresh as a daisy. That night I played Twister with my kids. Then in the morning I couldn’t figure out why my legs were so sore and fatigued while doing Primers. A little later in the day I remembered. Ugh! Guess no more games of Twister during TOS week.

3 Likes

Twister will be easier after the Tour has ripped your legs off

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve done twister, but you all must be doing marathon sessions!

2 Likes

I threw in 5 hours of lava snow shoveling after.

We only played for 5 or 10 minutes. Apparently my Twister muscles are particularly out of shape. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: