Storming the Castle with PW (Streaming Event) #CastleGuide

Yeah the 5 ride prep weekend absolutely smashed me as well (I used it as a chance to practice the first 5 videos on my list and actually swapped one out). Focus on recovery/foam rolling and stretching.

For the big day starting at 70% is the way to go, you can always dial it up and do the final stage on nuclear. I went up to 80% at the end and regretted it mightily.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you all for the words of encouragement!!

I’m pretty much set. Biding my time.

I updated the schedule with a 3 minute time shift. Additionally, the technical decision was made to split the whole event into two separate streams. First 5 and last 5 videos.
I’ll update with the original links in a few days and send out “invitations”. Facebook only lets me setup the whole thing seven days in advance.

Streaming-Links:

The event will be split into two parts (because of technical limitations).
- Links will be released a week before the actual event. -

Sometimes stuff happens. Streams get cut or technology just stops working. This thread will be updated during the quest if anything else fails.

5 Likes

I’ve got my Knight’s kit, ready!

I can feel the antici…

…pation!

3 Likes

@Pierre so sorry to back out of riding with you…my ‘Queen’s’ birthday celebrations are evolving in these complicated times. I will follow your progress with interest. Suffer valiantly as expected. Beware the goats!!

No worries. Family first - tells me you got your priorities straight. Kudos, Sir.

I‘ll see you at the castle.

2 Likes

Pierre - excellent work! You are ready to storm the castle with your trusty guides! Looking forward to the journey with you!

2 Likes

Streaming-Links:

The event will be split into two parts (because of technical limitations).

Guest-Spots:

Already know the way to the castle? Great! Be my guide. Join for a stage or just pop in and say hi.

#CastleGuide.

→ Click Here ← to go to the Google Docs “Guest List” and write your Forum-Name in the Guest-Slot at the end of the sheet. Oh, and please don’t destroy my file in then process, you are the editor. :slight_smile:

If you have trouble, send me a PM.

Didn’t sign up? No problem! Join anyway. It’s not like anything is set in stone here…

You can find the Guest-Links a few lines further up ^^, under “Streaming-Links”. Please be aware that, if you join a stage, you will become part of the stream (publicly).

Please make sure that you read the StreamYard instructions before entering.

You will be in the lobby and I will add you to the stream as soon as my suffering permits a quick break.

Disclaimer:

I’m having problems being charming or fun to be around with on a good day. Please be advised that I will probably not meet any of your expectations. You rock and I am happy you are supporting this idea - and don’t let me tell you anything else during the ninth hammer or any other moment during this event…

…THANK YOU.

5 Likes

Zero expectations! Fair warning I won’t be either first thing in the morning. See you on the road to the castle at ISLAGIATT :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes!! That’s what I like to hear. :wink:

I prepared another small video and what can I say… is this what the cool kids call “vlogging”? All the time I thought it’s spelled “flogging”…

3 Likes

Signed myself up for GOAT and Nine Hammers!

Just remember that cursing and swear words increase your pain threshold xD! See you soon!

2 Likes

I did almost 4 hours on Saturday in zone 2 and barely finished. So I think I’m ready to ride along this weekend. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1::tada:

2 Likes

If you check out my cadence from my ride you can see me slowly dying with spikes as I either briefly stand to give my butt some rest or attempt to increase my rpms which never lasts long enough. :grimacing::see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

@Pierre I am sorry to cancel on you and your epic quest!

It is a joy and educational to follow you on the forums, and I know you will crush it! I look forward to welcoming you to the castle.

Honour, glory, victory,
Bill

1 Like

I’m with Sir Glenn on this one. Worst Workout in the Whole Entire World and Probably Large Parts of the Wider Universe.

Lol, am I the only one that likes Defender? One of my favs! Yet even the CSO hates it! :rofl:

2 Likes

All good, mate. There are definitely more important things in life.

I hope to see you at the castle. Maybe still have a small peek and leave a comment!

Defender is fine with me - I mean physically, the workout; mentally defending isn’t the greatest for us sufferlandrians, is it?

Wow, how cool is all that! Sorry was gone a few months from Sufferlandria but now I m back and I love this topic! Pierre I m sure you got this, I can’t promise but I will try to join you for a stage if I manage to figure out how (have to go through the explanations) In any case, Go for it!

2 Likes

Fellow Sufferlandrians,
Honoured knights,

in less than 24 hours…

…I‘m not attempting to storm the castle.

…I‘m storming the freaking castle.
I set my goal, I can already see it in my mind, now it’s only a matter of fulfilling what‘s promised.

See y‘all tomorrow.

9 Likes

@Pierre Storm with courage!! Avoid 'Fluffy" and the goats! Payne -ale and Glory awaits…

2 Likes