Taking a break from the training plan

I’m going on holiday for a few days so won’t have my bike. I’m halfway through a training plan. Can I move the whole 2nd half of the plan or just each workout individually?

1 Like

Hi @natureboy, unfortunately, you’ll have to move the workouts individually.

1 Like

You can delete a plan part way through and then reapply it with a new later end date (not start date) if you want to shift by a day, week, whatever. Or you always used to be able to anyway.

4 Likes

You could delete the plan you’re on now, which will remove all scheduled workouts, then select the plan again but with the finishing date pushed on a few days.

4 Likes

This is the Minion Endorsed approach! Consider it rubber-stamped!
Make a note of your current plan end date, then when you’ve done your last workout before your break, delete your plan. When you come back, reapply the same plan using the end date, adding the number of days you’ve been away.

6 Likes

thanks alistair. That makes sense!. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks JamesT - that’s what I’ll do.

1 Like

Good solution until we get some extended functionality in the calendar.

Just one thing to add: Make sure your actual plan still exists in the plan creator. If you added a few plans in the past and during your time following them your rider profile or the plan itself changes, then you will not get exactly the same workouts.

It’s not a big problem if you are flexible enough.

I am speaking out of experience since my last FF Test changed my profile and the previously used triathlon plan looks different now. I like scheduling two or three plans in a row to know where I’m going.

1 Like

Thanks Pierre. Thats really helpful to know.

Ben

2 Likes