Training plan length

Is there a way to make the ‘custom’ SYSTM plans longer than 12 weeks? I’ve hunted for it in the app but am maybe missing it? Thx.

1 Like

You can customize a plan by adding building blocks focusing on any metric that works for you and adding it to the end of an existing plan, or the start or just make an entire plan out of the blocks. They are either 2:1 or 3:1 plans.

Hmmmmm, that doesn’t show as an option for the Multisport plans? Actually now that I look a bit deeper I don’t seem to have that option in any discipline.

1 Like

If you select Cycling, then General Fitness, the building blocks should appear as one of four options.

That doesn’t seem to be an option for a multi sport race prep. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true but you could still extend your multi sport plan (with one of the cycling building blocks, if that fits with what your goals are) and remove some workouts on days you plan to do the other sports, or, replace them with ad hoc workouts from the other sports.

You are 100% correct though that these extensions are not available as part of the multi-sport plans. For what it’s worth, if you goals are very specific and you are looking for some guidance on how best to extend your training beyond the 12 weeks, maybe you could schedule a call with one of the coaches.

I’ve been training for a few years now and have preferred to simply do the work and have someone else do the thinking for me. Lol. I’ll set up a chat with a coach. Appreciate your input!

2 Likes

Always happy to help others Suffer! Also, I totally get leaving the thinking to people that no more than me (read: pretty much anybody, :laughing:) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck. If you remember, check back in, I’m sure other folks would like to hear your experience with the call a coach option (good bad or indifferent)

That’s wisdom! It’s so easy to get distracted by trying to “figure it out” when we should just get the work done. By following a coach’s plan, much of that “learning” happens very quickly along the way. Often much more efficient and effective.

1 Like