Will there be more SUF workouts?

In reply to myself, how spoilt I/we have become. I was reflecting on what I used to do 15/20 years ago. I had an old Tacx fan fly wheel that was so noisy I had to build a shed in the back garden to put it in. My intervals were written on a piece of paper pinned to the shed wall and I had a clock to time the intervals. Favourite one was Triple T which was 53x16 for 45 secs, up a gear to 53x15 for 15 secs then 15 secs recovery. 5 sets of 5.

No vids, not power only pulse and RPE, no funny witty comments, no inspiration from Mike Cotty, no beautiful scenery. No electricity, no nuffin. I had something like Extreme Euphoria mixed by Lisa Lashes banging out on my MP3 player to try and get the motivation (would never normally listen to it but great for training).

Now I have a an Elite Suito which is so quiet I can train on it without my wife hearing in the bedroom above and the vast variety of training sessions in the Wahoo library is awesome. I don’t suppose you get all the bells and whistles on trainer road.

Add to that training with the 4DP settings. We have never had it so good. So, I retract my original comment. I don’t think any of it will get old as there is so much variety. Beats staring through the glass door of my shed at the back door of my house!!

I would never have thought of going out on my bike for anything less than 2 hours back then. Now I can see the benefit on a 30 min Sufferfest session and I only wish I had had the Systm back then. I was an ok 2nd Cat, but Systm has revolutionised my training. If only I’d had it then!!

16 Likes