đŸŽș NEW PRORIDE: On-board in the Mont Ventoux DĂ©nivelĂ© Challenge! đŸŽș

Fully agree. The transport racing before the climb was fairly easy. Then something happened. Gravity hammered me big time. 2 seconds from taking a 150w break mid climb. The Viking inside me wanted something else. Damn that was a good and hard workout. :heart::maple_leaf::fire::fist_left:t2::mountain::volcano::white_check_mark:

Magnus / Stockholm

6 Likes

Definitely my current favourite pro ride - enjoyed it so much and fancied a challenge so did it 3 times in a week and then did On Location Tasmania Kunanyi (with Cygnet Coast Road as a warm before) the day after. Found it easier mentally than either Hammer Climb or Tour de Suisse so probably need to do them more soon.

Legs were hurting and enjoyed a much more sensible gentle recovery ride this morning.

5 Likes

Mr. “Come on come on!” himself?

Legend!

4 Likes

Whoa!

3 Likes

Dear All!
Hard as it is, I am still putting the broken pieces of my ego back together after VENTOUX pro ride - which is great!!
I need your expertise, please. Last 18min when MAP and FTP values came into play I 
 died

My question is, since I was NOT able to finish the ride in ERG mode following specified values does it mean that my 4DP profile is not up to date? Or maybe - trying to find some sort of absolution here; this is one of those training rides e.g. NINE HAMMERS; that can completed in “perfect conditions” ie. 
 never :wink:
I would appreciate your help!
Kind regards!!
W.

1 Like

That’s possible. How long since you did a Half Monty or Full Frontal to update your numbers?

It’s also possible that you were having a not-so-good day. So many things can affect how we’re able to ride on any given day - stress, recovery, previous activity.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t decide the accuracy of your numbers based on a single ride, especially this one or most ProRides. ProRides are meant to be race day efforts. You’re expected to be giving it your all. So if you’re fatigued or not feeling your best or just have a bad day then they can easily overwhelm you on any numbers.

6 Likes

It means the ride is hard! But, how rested were you? What was your training load before the ride? Since most of the ProRides have no cadence targets, how hard were you spinning? There are a whole lot of things that could have influenced that result. I’m favoring Hard Ride!

4 Likes

Well
 it seems I might have underestimated it then. I treated it as another training session, not making any recon etc. Thank you @Critmark, @emacdoug and @way9e0
All the best!!

4 Likes

Intrigued by the hype from this thread, inspired to imitate @CPT_A 's quest to complete remaining badges by the end of this year, and motivated by the fear that Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS will add additional content faster than I can check them off 
 I tackled Mont Ventoux this morning.

I agree with others that this is one of the the top pro rides, particularly the closing 20 minute finish. It requires good fuel management, but is doable 
 and worth repeating. It is nice having some 2+ hour options that hit all of the power zones at some point during the ride. This is a good one for those wanting to do longer outdoor rides or fondos.

For those that haven’t tried it, all I can say is “Allez! Allez! Allez! Allez!”

As for me, I guess I am now committed to completing the remaining 2 pros/week, 1 GCN/week and 1 On Location/week for the next 6 weeks. I’ll revisit Ventoux again after that.

P.S. I wonder what an extended edition Mont Ventoux Pro Ride would be like, adding on the first part of the race to make a 3 to 4 hour option)

6 Likes

This is my current nightmare fuel

5 Likes

And the stuff of my dreams.

5 Likes

I have a long list of OL and ProRides to do in December. Just have to get thru my 3rd annual KOS this Friday and the recover. Then I’ll have some badges to collect, too.

I might even do Mt Ventoux again if I have the time. Tho I also have some RGT rides to do as well.

So many rides, so little time. It’s a good problem to have.

7 Likes

and decals too :wink:

3 Likes

Perfect for my KOS themed top-tube! :smile::+1:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve never ever received my stickers. Didn’t expect to either. Been 26 months since. :person_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Did you fill out the form?

2 Likes

That I did. Doubt no one plans and rides their Knighthood and then leaves out the most important step of the process. It’s all about the stickers.

3 Likes

Odd that you’ve never got yours tho. I guess you’ll have to do your Knighthood Quest again. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes